• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Birds Everywhere!!!!

Hawg

It's sporadic. Some days I got a bunch then none. When I do some woodpeckers, bunch of finches and an occasional cardinal.

I'm not sure what changed but I've gone through more suet cakes since last spring then I have the last 4-5 years 

My feeders are getting mugged right now with the cold weather coming. 

Even the squirrels and bunnies are at it.  

I have like 6 of the fattiest squirrels on the planet, and I'm trying to give them all cardiac arrest by dumping all the old Christmas cookies and treats out there.  They eat everything!  😆

On 2/10/2023 at 7:49 PM, chaffmj said:

Gold finches have been flocking to the feeders lately. Here is a picture of one that still looks in summer color.

258829194_20230201_132106(6).thumb.jpg.9dcac8d038212378062b0cadcb56071e.jpg

Yea but I got a friggin possum under my feeder!!😣 I need to dispose of that thing.  Lead isn't an option in town!

5 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Dang!  Thought I might get the first claim to em!

Beautiful evening and the robins are signing all their favorite tunes.

Saw about 20 robins on the side of a snowless hill down in Chaska 2 weeks ago while fishing.  ;)

chaffmj are you seeing any of the yellow grosbeaks???? i cant keep them straight, ones and evening the redone i think is the pine grosbeak!!!!!

all i know is there really good looking birds!!!!!

Edited by smurfy

On 2/28/2023 at 7:21 AM, smurfy said:

what the heck can they find to eat at this point????????/

Might be these flies?

662FAA94-9812-40D3-AB0F-570C038A4915.thumb.jpeg.848dd32c5ee9716a502308510742f630.jpeg

I just call them fish flies but don’t really know what they are.  Tons of em were across our yard last weekend.  And I know they come from the trees.  Last year when I was trimming on the lift in April they were all over the trees, high up.

We just had another big flock of robins come through.  While eating dinner we saw or heard:

Robins

Cardinals

Sandhill Cranes

Crows

Eagles

Red tail hawk

Mallards

Geese

Swans

Turkeys

and…. *other*

It was loud outside for a while.