• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2019 Gardens

smurfy

32 minutes ago, snagfinder said:

After last years issues with my cucumber plants croaking for some reason and tomatoes checking out early just curious

if anyone uses or knows of some kind of treatment for the soil that can get rid of fungus/diseases if they are present.

by far an expert, but i had the same issue with my cukes. i was educated to the point the cukes need more nutrients when they are growing and consistent watering.

Used to have a problem with blight in both,  then sprayed them with Daconil for a couple years and it solved the problem.

I also didn't plant them in the same area year after year and mulched them to keep the dirt splatter off when it rained.

3 weeks ago I did a veriaty of peppers.  8 plants are an inch tall, 4 didnt sprout so I re planted them yesterday. They say to uncover them when they sprout which I did for close to a week but they seem to be doing better covered back up under the light..

Started tomatoes and peppers past weekend. Have them on a heating pad. none up yet. Tomatoes should start poking through in a few more days. Peppers take longer......next week for them. 

hey.i can see parts of my garden!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

my seeds got till sat, they aint sprouted there trash.............been in the ground for a month. peppers and cleome seeds!!!!!!!!!!! and will be the last time i do the start from seed thing!!!!!! 

For a month? They may have rotted by now. Have you tried to heat the soil with a heating pad and cover with humidity dome?. It helps my success for heat loving plants. You could also google how to germinate with wet paper towels then transfer to soil.

i did bobbers saran wrap thing for the past 2 weeks. its in a room at 68 degrees and in the sun for a good amount of time. i had a heating pad till it quit working. 

ive had years where my same method has done good???????????

My tomatoes and peppers are all up. Off came the plastic and under florescent lights. More than enough came up. Bottom heat helps.  I have 11 varieties of tomatoes and 4 peppers.  Some of my tomatoes are heirlooms. So I will only plant 1 of each of those to I can get new seeds from all of  them.