• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2019 Gardens

smurfy

4 minutes ago, Grainbelt said:

If you haven't, you may want to put in some V shaped clips to secure the bottom of the fence. They have nothing but time to check your work.

So far they haven't snuck in. Fingers crossed.

Been to cold and cloudy every day. I started mine inside and transplanted them 3 weeks ago. They are all just sitting there. Even with covers on them. Need some warm sunny day or vine crops will be a bust this year.

8 hours ago, smurfy said:

Got 3 tomato plants that look like they don't wanna do anything though!!??

They sound like they got cold, I planted too soon years back and had the same thing. I bought smaller new plants that out performed the stunted ones. It took about a month before they started growing again. The heat at the end of this week should help them out.

man that stuff looks like its on steroids!!!!!!!! I got a new phone and cant figure out the picture posting thing!!!!!!??cukes are coming good, tomatoes slowly. pulled my green beans and dill. onions will be out in a week or so.

Been kind of a disappointing year for me. Tomato blight, I'm passing on planting them next year. The peppers are doing okay, but no where near the numbers of previous years.

The garden seems to be getting more shade these days. I tried to plant tomatoes in a new spot, and the cherry tomato plant is tall enough to avoid most of the blight. But it shades the peppers.

The "Loco" peppers are doing well, although I'm not sure I'm crazy enough to pop one my mouth yet. 

20190809_113516.jpg

37 minutes ago, snagfinder said:

What kind of pepper is that. I wanna plant one next year because it looks cool and would make some awesome looking jelly. Im guessing its supposed to be hot. My tomatoes look like dump again also.

All it says is Loco, and they are hot, found them by the habanero and ghost peppers.

Small plant, 7" tall maybe, peppers are only grape sized.

Hope to find some next year.

Would like to put a couple in pots for some color competition with the wives flowers up on the deck.

I'm not a super hot pepper guy for eats, but they are some cool plants. 

Never heard of them either?  ?

'Loco' is a Chili pepper variety in the Capsicum genus with a scientific name of Capsicum annuum longum group. Loco is generally thought of as a hybrid variety. Blooms appear in these approximate colours: White and Lavender (floral). The mature flowers are of a Single form.

Heat (Pungency):

Hot (5,000 to 30,000 Scoville Units)

2 hours ago, Duffman said:

Been kind of a disappointing year for me. Tomato blight, I'm passing on planting them next year. The peppers are doing okay, but no where near the numbers of previous years.

The garden seems to be getting more shade these days. I tried to plant tomatoes in a new spot, and the cherry tomato plant is tall enough to avoid most of the blight. But it shades the peppers.

The "Loco" peppers are doing well, although I'm not sure I'm crazy enough to pop one my mouth yet. 

20190809_113516.jpg

yea pretty much same story here.  but i'll never not not plant maters. those peppers are cool.

On 8/9/2019 at 2:59 PM, Duffman said:

Hope to find some next year.

Would like to put a couple in pots for some color competition with the wives flowers up on the deck.

I'm not a super hot pepper guy for eats, but they are some cool plants. 

That's a cool looking pepper. I got some pepper seeds from Cambodian friend from work that were beautiful plants like that one, small and really hot. I dug them up and overwintered them inside and put them back out the next year. They got about chest high and full of peppers, quite pretty.