• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2019 Gardens

smurfy

21 hours ago, smurfy said:

Garden got tilled last night. I'll wait a bit to plant. Been a bit chilly.

IMG_20190429_183848619_HDR.jpg

Wilson? 

I got my garden boxes ready 2 weeks ago but haven't put any seed in yet. 30's at night. Maybe this weekend for the cool weather stuff.

Tomatoes, Peppers, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Cabbage, Pak Choi, and Kohlrabi. and seed potatoes greening up.

Planted peas and radishes this past weekend before the rain.

plants.jpg

Edited by KEN W

so, last nite I busted my butt to get all my peppers. maters, celery and green beans planted before the rains came. it was way to windy to plant carrots and the rest of my kolarabi. I wanted to plant my cabbage but grabbed broccoli instead. ISH...… got them today and there in.

so once this crappy weather moves on i'll get anything else in the ground soon.

picked my first bunch of asparagus today!!!!!! there in the process of getting put in a pickling brine!!!!!

Planted onions,carrots,green beans,lettuce,beets and potatoes yesterday before the rain. The carrots, beans, beets and lettuce are 2 varieties of each as a varieties test for NDSU Horticulture Department.

I put in my tomatoes and peppers last weekend and built the greenhouses. All week it was nice and toasty in there. I opened one end to vent mid days. They were thriving nicely, leaf tips up. It is suppose to drop to 34 here tonight. 

4th year blueberries in front. I pinched blooms the first 3 years. Finally get to try them this year. My rabbit fence is 18" and the snow was deeper. The rabbits put blueberry bush tips on their menu, all vegetative growth below the snow didn't get touched. I am going to re-fence taller around the blueberries by fall. 

20190519_154052[3726].jpg

those are a different type blueberry plant then i'm used to seeing up north with the wild berries.

I just order 4 10 lb boxes of blueberries. thee from Michigan!!!!!!

Frost here today. Everything is white. Covered most of what I have out. Biggest concern are my Juneberries. Covered all of them. Will have to wait and see if I saved them. They are all in full bloom.

Edited by KEN W

1 hour ago, KEN W said:

Everything seems to be OK here.

i'm currently wondering if my plants arent gonna drowned!?

cheese and crackers!!!!!!!!!!! man its wet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm sure we will be begging for some of this in july and august!