Jump to content
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

    You know what we all love...

    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Big Dave2

Vikings VS. Saints

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Looks like he's worried about hitting him early and drawing a pass interference penalty. 

 

He didn't say that in his interview I posted previously.....:whistle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rick said:

Looks like he's worried about hitting him early and drawing a pass interference penalty. 

 

Keenum did a very nice job getting the ball to Diggs and Diggs did the rest.

 

It's a win. The better team won :) 

 

I did hear some where of that, and he thought that he would just step out of bounds once caught to stop the clock to try for a field goal. He made some bad assumptions.  But, Williams was born in Mpls Mn. So may be he did it for Mamma's team! :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keenum played decent most of the game, but he made 2 huge mistakes - the INT, and taking a sack to put us out of FG range. I expect next week to be low scoring and Keenum can't make a mistake that results in lost points for us or easy points for the Eagles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I'm still in shock that it worked out the way it did. It was a typical Vikings playoff roller coaster that for once ended on a good note. The icing on top is that it was the saints that it happened against. 

 

It sucks that the next game will be in the cold at the eagles but of the 3 other teams left, I'd pick the eagles to play against especially without Wentz. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was about time something like this happen to a MN team. I will take the luck and the win. This game was not the big game. I've seen us win and lose many divisional games. I have never seen us win an NFC Chip game 76" I was too young for that to count. This weekend i might get all giddy and happy if we win but I sure don't want the let downs anymore :)

 

 

Go the SB win or lose I will be happy to see it at least once

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The saints player was probably running to where the ball should have been thrown. That throw was 2 yards onto the field, should have been closer to the sideline. It would have been a pretty easy tackle to keep him in bounds and the game is over.. Nothing wrong with a little luck on our side. I thought the refs were terrible all game. Lots of questionable and no calls. That last no call when Theilen got mugged was ridiculous...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Copied from FB:

 

A friend of mine has two tickets for the 2018 Super Bowl, both box seats. He paid $2,500 each but he didn't realize last year when he bought them, it was going to be on the same day as his wedding. If you are interested, he is looking for someone to take his place...It's at St Christopher’s Church, in Edina, Minnesota, at 3pm. Her name is Samantha, she's 5'4", about 145 lbs, good cook too.....She'll be the one in the white dress.
(Feel free to copy and paste, to keep the laughter going!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, PurpleFloyd said:

My favorite explanation was that he was tackling Manti Teo's girlfriend. 

 

I also saw a picture with Blair Walsh's face on Marcus Williams as he is missing the tackle.........wide left. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The mistake was getting there too early, clearly if he had continued with his tackle he would have been there way too early and would have an easy PI call against him.  Had he gotten a PI call then no matter what happened after that the vikings would have had a shot at kicking a field goal because a game can't end on a defensive penalty.  By avoiding the penalty he at least forced Diggs to make the catch and avoid any other tacklers.  In most cases the WR is going to catch that ball and get out of bounds right away no matter what. It was just the perfect mix of circumstances for Diggs to take it for a TD.  Had Diggs simply been facing a different direction after the catch he wouldn't have seen he had a clear path to the end zone and would have likely stepped out of bounds to stop the clock. Had Williams not taken out the other DB he may have been in position to make a tackle or at least be close enough to perhaps make Diggs think the best option is to run out of bounds instead of risk getting tackled in bounds. 

 

What I found more puzzling is the overall defense from the Saints.  I've seen it broken down a few times and they had several players guarding against short passes to the middle of the field.  That vikings had no time outs and needed at least 20 yards, the Saints should have been inviting them to through short into the middle of the field not actively trying to take it away.  It appeared the entire play was a complete mental breakdown by the Saints.  It will go down as a great play by the Vikings, and it was, but it was made possible by some pretty big mistakes by the Saints defensive play calling and a single mental breakdown by Williams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nofishfisherman said:

The mistake was getting there too early, clearly if he had continued with his tackle he would have been there way too early and would have an easy PI call against him.  Had he gotten a PI call then no matter what happened after that the vikings would have had a shot at kicking a field goal because a game can't end on a defensive penalty.  By avoiding the penalty he at least forced Diggs to make the catch and avoid any other tacklers.  In most cases the WR is going to catch that ball and get out of bounds right away no matter what. It was just the perfect mix of circumstances for Diggs to take it for a TD.  Had Diggs simply been facing a different direction after the catch he wouldn't have seen he had a clear path to the end zone and would have likely stepped out of bounds to stop the clock. Had Williams not taken out the other DB he may have been in position to make a tackle or at least be close enough to perhaps make Diggs think the best option is to run out of bounds instead of risk getting tackled in bounds. 

 

What I found more puzzling is the overall defense from the Saints.  I've seen it broken down a few times and they had several players guarding against short passes to the middle of the field.  That vikings had no time outs and needed at least 20 yards, the Saints should have been inviting them to through short into the middle of the field not actively trying to take it away.  It appeared the entire play was a complete mental breakdown by the Saints.  It will go down as a great play by the Vikings, and it was, but it was made possible by some pretty big mistakes by the Saints defensive play calling and a single mental breakdown by Williams. 

Wow, someone else who actually watched the video and figured out what Williams did. Thanks @nofishfisherman.

 

It should never have gotten to that. The Vikings have got to keep playing to win for 4 quarters.

 

Playing to protect a lead can get you into trouble much faster than it's likely to help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, leech~~ said:

But, Williams was born in Mpls Mn. So may be he did it for Mamma's team!

The Marcus Willimans that plays for the saints is not from Minnesota. The Marcus Williams that you are referring to plays for Houston.

 

14 hours ago, huntnfish said:

It sucks that the next game will be in the cold at the eagles but of the 3 other teams left, I'd pick the eagles to play against especially without Wentz. 

 

Going to be 52 degrees there????? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Sean Payton Photographed Mocking Vikings' 'Skol' Chant Before Stefon Diggs' TD

TIM DANIELSJANUARY 16, 2018

 

NEW ORLEANS, LA - JANUARY 07:  Head coach Sean Payton of the New Orleans Saints reacts during the NFC Wild Card playoff game against the Carolina Panthers at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome on January 7, 2018 in New Orleans, Louisiana.  (Photo by Jonathan Bachman/Getty Images)
Jonathan Bachman/Getty Images

A series of photos posted on social media Monday night appear to show New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton mocking the Minnesota Vikings' "Skol" celebration during Sunday's divisional-round game at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis.

On Tuesday, Andrew Krammer of the Star Tribune passed along an update about the moment first mentioned by KFAN analyst and former Vikings linebacker Ben Leber before Minnesota's miracle 61-yard touchdown pass from Case Keenum to Stefon Diggs as time expired for the 29-24 victory:

Surprised that not one person has any evidence of this happening

 
 

Leber said the Saints coach made the motion after kicker Wil Lutz connected on a 43-yard field goal to give New Orleans a 24-23 lead with 25 seconds left.

 

Payton was asked about the gesture at a press conference on Tuesday and said it was directed toward "a group of fans" and was "good playoff fun."

After a 19-yard grab by Diggs and two incomplete passes, the Vikings faced a third down with 10 seconds on the clock and no timeouts. A long sideline pass and a missed tackle by Saints safety Marcus Williams led to one of the most dramatic finishes in playoff history as Diggs raced into the end zone.

Payton previously made headlines last month for making a choking gesture toward Atlanta Falcons running back Devonta Freeman during the teams' Week 14 game.

 

After originally claiming he didn't remember the incident, the 54-year-old California native later apologized for his actions during a media call before the rematch in Week 16:

"Listen, the mistake I made that night was letting my emotions get the best of me. It's the same thing that we talk about with our players all of the time. It wasn't good and I felt like as that game went on, it even affected me in calling plays. I've got to better that way. It was frustrating from some of the officiating. But you learn even when you've been in this thing as long as I have. It's something that you regret and you look back on 'what are you doing?' So, I think that's the thing that bugged me for the better part of the week."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, rundrave said:

 

 

 

Going to be 52 degrees there????? 

 

 

I guess when I made that statement I was wrongly assuming it would be much colder than that. In that case, it should be a nice October game just like a couple years ago at TCF. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2018 at 10:48 AM, Rick said:

Wow, someone else who actually watched the video and figured out what Williams did. Thanks @nofishfisherman.

 

OR, maybe it was a conspiracy........

 

http://6abc.com/sports/nfl-prematurely-promotes-vikings-patriots-super-bowl/2968550/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

    • Hello from Sunset Lodge!

      In Minnesota, walleyes and pike have been found using crank-baits on the south side of Oak Island.  Walleye have also been caught pulling spinners in 26-30 feet using gold and green.
       
      In Ontario, walleye have been very active using pink and orange jigs on the breaks of reefs or casting shallow crank-baits in 8-12 feet by rocky shoreline points.  A good mixed bag of smallmouth and pike have been found with the walleye as well.
       
      Musky fishing has really picked up with lots of fish over 40+ inches.  Fishing sand and weedy bays near rock reefs have produced well using buck-tails, small crank-baits and top-water baits. 

      Until next week!
      Sunset Lodge
    • Looks like a great summer time meal! 
    • That was my wife taking a Snapchat vid of the kids, my daughter took that picture..  steak night is probably my favorite night, but taco night is a close second lol
    • At the all-star break and man did I blow it with the predictions lol.   Other than Rosario and Escobar not really much to get too excited about.   Nice home-stand before the break but its already been a big disappointing season. Of all the late 90''s  teams that were just awful and then the recent  90+ loss teams repeatedly over and over, this years team has to be the most frustrating of them all. Definitely a regression.   Buxton/Sano I dont want the team to give up on them but good grief. After some progress last year I think everyone was expected big things from both of them. I would say give up on them but players like these always go on to shine somewhere else when the Twins let them go.   Mauer has been ok, nothing great but good to see him back hitting again after his stint on the DL.   Morrison dug himself too big of hole to get out of with a terrible start at the plate. A few signs of power but not enough.   Dozier is losing millions with a bad first half. So much for him signing a big deal somewhere else and the Twins getting something for him if he is traded.   The new pitchers Odorizzi and Lynn haven't been great. Gibson has been better than expected but too bad he cant get any run support he has pitched well all year. I like Berrios, good young pitcher still making improvement. Its too bad Santana hasn't been able to get back up and contribute yet.   I hope they don't make any foolish decisions and trade and try to make a run. They don't have a chance at the wild card and even though Cleveland isn't completely dominating I don't see the Twins overtaking them in the division.
    • I like that you caught someone else taking photos of the feast too!
    • That's an impressive pile o meat smallie!! Wow did I start a ruckus with a misspelled word, I'll be more kareful next time!!😉
    • Looks like kind of an expensive grill though.........😱
    • and a porterhouse too!!!
×