• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just Food and Drink

When ya do, lemme know. I'll PM ya my Hellfire Chili recipe, since there doesn't seem to be much interest for soups/chili recipes on here.  REAL southwestern Chili....no hamburger or KIDNEY beans type of dump. That's just "goulash soup." 

I made it that day, 2 cans chili beans, can of rotel, and a can of black beans. 1 small onion, pound of burger . Cayenne pepper,  chili and garlic seasoning,  with some chili powder.  Usually just eye ball the seasoning. ...let it simmer for a while.  It was really good. Served with some cornbread muffins...

I smoked a chuck roast yesterday for 3 hours and then finished it in the crockpot.

With the leftovers I just put some chili together, I like using Bush's baked beans as one component, black beans and then that's when I just starting doing things to the mix.

I added some sriracha, vinegar, cinnamon and for the sweet component I decided Hershey's syrup.  Thought a hint of chocolate may be good.  It hasn't cooked long enough to get a fair taste at it but I'm curious to the family's thoughts.  Depending on the taste test later I may add a little coffee to it.  

Price was tough to beat del...reb, chorizo sausage,  pepperoni,  shrooms, black and green olives. Wanted to put them on the air bake on the weber but not this time, broiler had to do. 

Prolly Blatz lite. :sick:

back in the day, my wife's grandparents always had Blatz in bottles, we're really cold and gosh I never turned them down....maybe cuz they were free!!!

Price was tough to beat del...reb, chorizo sausage,  pepperoni,  shrooms, black and green olives. Wanted to put them on the air bake on the weber but not this time, broiler had to do. 

back in the day, my wife's grandparents always had Blatz in bottles, we're really cold and gosh I never turned them down....maybe cuz they were free!!!

Ya, and I drank half-warm Western beer on Sundays too.:crazy: :sick:

Might as well throw on some Reggae and crack open a bottle of Red Stripe....

Bobber, what did you use for the crust, just make small pizza crusts?

Edited by RebelSS

One last "Summer fling" in a bit......a thick pig steak and four CSR's, covered in rib rub last nite, are hitting the smoldering apple wood on top of the charcoal in the Weber. Just finished making the beans and 'tater salad. Even have some iced tea left. NYA NYA.  :P

Edited by RebelSS

WE WANT pics for drooling Reb. I'm jealous,  I'll be cooking fajitas inside on this perfect day...

Hokay. I et the 'tater salad and beans before I could get a pic. :lol:

Naked meat...

27yu8vp.jpg

With BBQ sauce...

2n204k4.jpg

Done...:P

2qalt7b.jpg