• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"Fargo" on FX?

McGurk

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always liked Billy Bob, he brings his quirkiness to the little screen and makes this worth watching. FX just seems to find a little niche of some special dark little places to go. Even has a few scenes shot in Duluth down by the grain elevators.

I accidentally tuned in last night. My thoughts were it was the basic plot of the movie, acting quality was about the same as the movie. I assume the tv show will morph into more. Also, and I'm no choir boy, but I didn't know FX would show the sex scene they showed from the strip club when Thornton's character killed the bully guy. Wife was sleeping next to me and I thought she was going to wake up and accuse me of watching dirty movies. LOL.

I stumbled onto it right at the start - hadn't been planning to watch. The caricaturization of Minnesotans was pretty over the top, just like the movie, but also like the movie they find a way to brush past that with the dark and serious side of the plot. Yeah, the sex scene was surprising but also was how much violence they showed. I don't watch much besides sports so was surprised to see gunshot, stabbing, and hammer scenes with blood.

Too bad I'm pulling the plug on DirecTV this weekend. It would have been a neat series to watch.

I stumbled onto it right at the start - hadn't been planning to watch. The caricaturization of Minnesotans was pretty over the top, just like the movie, but also like the movie they find a way to brush past that with the dark and serious side of the plot. Yeah, the sex scene was surprising but also was how much violence they showed. I don't watch much besides sports so was surprised to see gunshot, stabbing, and hammer scenes with blood.

Too bad I'm pulling the plug on DirecTV this weekend. It would have been a neat series to watch.

The "true story" thing was an homage to the movie. I will wait and watch it streaming so the disgusting commercials will be gone. Seemed to me to be about half commercials, mostly for horror type shows and movies.

Maybe on DVR it would have been ok. Also didn't think too much of the female cop character. Way dumber than the movie one.

I'm sorry, but this thing is flat as a pancake. One can clearly see the attempt to capture the character of the movie, but it just doesn't stamp onto the TV venue.

The characters in the movie were somehow compelling. This application is painfully slow and drab. I'd wager they'll be hard pressed to make it past one season.

Billy Bob Thornton is the only redeeming character in this series. He's always been a good actor. Still think SlingBlade may have been one of the best movies ever made.

Why does the "view discretion advised" message on this show need to be so dang loud. It's jacked way up over the normal volume of the show. I always expect my wife to yell down from our room to turn it down. smile

Anyone else noticed this?