• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"Fargo" on FX?

McGurk

Actually, remember when the FCC, FAA, CIA or whoever the heck it was passed that law that commercials couldnt be louder than the regular programming? Well that is total talk. None of the commercials on any channel are at the same or lower volume to the regular programming.

Yes, I have noticed the volume being super loud, I have to mute the TV at that point since I am usually the only one still up.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just binge watched the last 3 episodes and I have to say that I like it. Concerning the few that say it is slllloooowwww; I think that's the tone they are going for. I really dig Billy Bob's acting on here, and look forward to him master-minding new ways to screw with people. Calling Hess' son and telling him his brother was going to get all of the money was hilarious. One thing you have to do when watching this show is pay attention to the background at all times. It's almost like a second show going on behind the first show.

FX's commercials are ALWAYS about 5 clicks higher on the volume than the shows are. My wife and I would always mute during commercials if not skip advancing through them. I have to say that I like what FX is churning out.

Yes....it DOES move slowly. And YES, the %#$#% commercials are too loud, just like they have been for sixty years and just like they always are after our Congress passes a NEW law that says they can't do that. I am as quick on the MUTE as I am on a rising quail.

You HAVE to pay attention to this thing or you're gonna miss a lot of it.

Had never watched FX before but it looks like there may be some entertaining stuff on there.

The primary and major networks have abandoned those of us with fully functioning brains and are busy feeding the idiots with absurd tales of dancing dandies, survivor silliness and people running from airport to airport.

Go Billy Bob!!

Watching an FX production is kind of like reading a book where you have to keep track of what is going on because at some point in the story a little thing is going to come back into play and make sense. So much tv that is on these days you can just drop into the middle of a show and not miss anything as it is all about the moment, That is most tv programing today. Billy Bob's performance in jail cracked me up as it was so over the top that it will come back and haunt us all from MN when we travel past our borders... grin

"You're making a mistake. That's what you're gonna say a couple hours from now. You're making a mistake." Great writing.

Watching this show just makes me realize how unsatisfied I am with Walking Dead. I hope they can keep up this ambitious pace.

Actually, remember when the FCC, FAA, CIA or whoever the heck it was passed that law that commercials couldnt be louder than the regular programming?

I'm pretty sure that only applies to broadcast. Cable gets to do much more than broadcast, because the data travels through grounded lines, not through the air on government regulated frequencies. Fox can't do many things that FX, HBO, and PPV channels can.

I didn't think Lester had it in him to come up with his escape and setup plan. I doubt he is off the hook yet, though. She is like a dog knawing on a bone; keeps working at it until it gets what it wants.

Yes, that was quite a plan he came up with. Gotta love the deputy there, Call Saul, completely buying the whole story Lester told about the night his wife died

This phone calls an ambulance This one calls a hearse.... the lines they give Thorton are just awesome

Yeah, Lorne walking past the 2 FBI agents (Key and Peele!!!) with a huge gun and into the mob's hangout in order to shoot up the place, all while panning around the outside of the building was an awesome piece of film-making. I'm hooked! Is this a miniseries type thing or will there be a Season 2?

From what I heard it is a 10 episode series, then they get new characters. Similar to what was done with American Horror Story, but with that show they use some of the same actors over and over again. With Fargo I dont believe they had plans to.

I hope I am wrong on that, Billy Bob is awesome! Probably, no, he is the only reason I have kept watching the show.

I haven't been able to watch Ep. 6 yet but I have really enjoyed this show so far. As everyone has stated Billy Bob is great and a perfect cast for his character. It can be a bit slow at times but it's building for something and I'm excited to see just how it plays out and is portrayed. They kill us with the "accents" though.

"Oh geeeezzzz....."

I need help. I dropped DirecTV finally (was supposed to do it fall but then it snowed, then the Wild were in the playoffs, etc...).

Is there any way to watch the remaining two episodes online without having a service provider? I don't have Hulu or Netflix or anything besides a TV with rabbit ears and a computer. I've tried looking around but haven't found anything promising.

I won't go back to cable/satellite but do have some remorse that I didn't wait two more weeks! Help

I g o o g l e d "Fargo on FX Streaming episodes and it brought up a site that has the episodes listed and links to "watch". I didnt try it but would assume it would work.

Even last night's episode is listed there....

I believe you can even download the FXNow App and get the episodes and other exclusive content.