• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Waterfowl Photos

Had only one workable flock flying high overhead not making a peep. Flagged once and clucked once. Once they were directly overhead I could see there wings going into a glide set and I started calling faster and they all answered the same. They circled down to about 50-60 yards up and I told my brother hold tight they're coming in and they did in-deed feet down about 15 of them. I dropped two as my brother hit one and circled back so I loaded another shell and dropped it as it came right back into the decoys! What a blast!!!

full-983-24483-9_1_12003.jpg

Saturday was a great day for ducks. Today was a great day for geese.

First pic is me with 3 drake mallards, 1 hen mallard, a woody, and a blue wing teal. I did not see many teal in my area. Second pic is our 6 man limit of honkers from this morning. grinfull-19983-24641-dsci0506.jpg

full-19983-24642-dsci0513.jpg

Went out solo on Saturday with the pooch and got this in an hour or so.full-40472-24687-img_0422.jpg

full-40472-24688-img_0424.jpg

Made the mistake on the hen but was rewarded with a band for the desk drawer anyway. The most rewarding experience was the pintail that I got after shooting the mistake hen mallard. I didn't want to shoot another hen but knew by the shape (long and skinny) and flying style (straight and banking-no quick turns)that it was a pintail and okay to shoot.

Hunt was public and less than 1 .5 hrs from the west metro. Didn't see as many teal as usual but was happy opener was as early as it was.

Awesome pics Tyler! Looks like you got hundreds of birds coming in on that first picture!

Ha, yeah it does look like that, doesn't it? Those are actually geese going out to the fields to feed. Ducks were a different story. Few and far between, but we managed to entertain ourselves for the morning, at least smile