• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Waterfowl Photos

Pics from my hunt yesterday. Best day of duck hunting I've ever had. I recapped the day in the "Waterfowl Reports" thread.

1st half of the day. 5 drakes and 1 hen. Thought it was a young drake, oh well!

IMG_6223.jpg

My old man standing in the beaver pond with a few brown drakes. You can see almost the entire pond in the pic. There were around 2000 mallards sitting there when we got there. He wouldn't fire a shot here, let me do all the shooting. I hope I can be as good of a dad as he's been, I consider myself extremely fortunate. He's taught me everything I know about hunting & fishing and can't wait to pass the same knowledge onto my boy.

IMG_3991.jpg

This is why I love beaver pond hunting. This was our "spread" that was drawing in hundreds of mallards.

IMG_4302.jpg

Total take for the day. 5 drake mallards, 1 greenwing, 5 drake woodies and a hen. And a grouse that decided to show it's head on the drive home. What a day!!

IMG_3595.jpg

Cookie,

Thank you veggies were over ripe beans, potatoes, zucchini,red onions, garlic, red and green peppers and sweet corn. Veggies were done on the grill over indirect heat in a tented piece of foil. Duck had been in a mortens tender quick salt water brine for 5 days. Simply seasoned with fresh black pepper, I dare anyone who says they don't like duck or goose to try it this way, it's promise it will be the best you have ever tried.. When grilled to med. rare it will be fork tender..

Had a great hunt in NW Wisconsin today. The numbers of mallards out there were unreal for this time of year!

Shot a couple gadwall too. Never got one of them in that area before..???

Here is a mid hunt pic smile Ended up with one more nice drake after the pic to fill out.

Man I gotta go duck hunting more often smile

photobucket-36947-1349574081660.jpg

heres a pic of yesterday. a 2 man limit of mallards with 2 geese to boot!

B-man, where in nw wi. im kinda huntin northwest wi to and saw tons of mallards.

Hunting just north of you near Balsam Lake.

A buddy and I went out again this morning and had a blast!

Shot 8 mallards, but lost two of them. Much slower this morning, but I know there were guys out there till dark last night.........didn't jump but 50 on the paddle out. Ended up seeing 150 or so. Still a great day for Wisconsin this early in the season!

Im huntin the osceola/garfield area and same thing here. Yesterday ducks were everywhere then today no where near as many. still ended up with 3 mallards and a goose. then my buddy calls me tonight and the farmer finished pickin the corn and he said he saw close to 200 birds land in the field. im thinkin a night hunt is in order!