• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Waterfowl Photos

Here's a pic of Remy and his brother Asic from our first (and likely only) early season goose hunt. With the pooch out of commission for a while, I'll have to saver that hunt. Heck, it was his first goose retrieve! That's something to be proud of wink

IMG_0785-1.jpg

It was a great opener for my buddies and I. Saturday ended up being a bust hunted the morning and evening and never fired a shot. Sunday was a little different had a field that was holding about a 150 birds. Hiding was a little tricky it was a sweet corn field that was stock chopped and there was no way of digging down. Four of us ended up shooting 17.

untitled-2.jpg

That night about 75 birds went back to the same field. Then this morning we through out a few more decoys and the four of us ended up shooting are 20.

0905110938a1-1.jpg

We let a field rest until sunday night, benefit being pressure moved about 150 additional birds into it. Things didn't go as planned. Bad shooting, birds landing with the wind instead of into the wind, birds short stopping by 100-200 yards, blah blah. Oh well...shot some geese, shot some doves, and fed frogs to the walleyes on Monday morning. Going to do a taste test tomorrow night, shore lunch battered walleye versus mango habenjero marinated bacon wrapped goose on the grill. wink

Going to do a taste test tomorrow night, shore lunch battered walleye versus mango habenjero marinated bacon wrapped goose on the grill. wink

I would choose the goose. Man CSD that sounds really yummy and I will be trying that out on some waterfowl this year