• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Goodbye Delmon Young

Getanet

"Young 2010: Young hit .298, 21 home runs

Cuddyer 2011 (thus far): .295, 18 HRs 3 points behind and 3 HRs behind- he won't match Delmons last year? I bet he will better it."

to whomever made this bet, it's not looking like it..... and not to mention the rbi's......just saying.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Young 2010: Young hit .298, 21 home runs

Cuddyer 2011 (thus far): .295, 18 HRs 3 points behind and 3 HRs behind- he won't match Delmons last year? I bet he will better it."

to whomever made this bet, it's not looking like it..... and not to mention the rbi's......just saying.

YET Cuddy is worth 10 mil and delmon suxz

delmon must have forgot in the first inning tonight that it was the big bad yankees he was facing. don't ya know delmon that against the yanks you are supposed to get their autographs and then you retreat to the corner of the dugout and cower with your blankie?

losing a verlander start sure looks to be a bad deal for the tigers now in this series.

Manny Trillo's great grand kid is the bat boy for the Diamond backs is all I could come up with Geno... grin

Delmon's on FIRE! Not surprising, you knew his bat had to wake-up and of course it's this year in play-offs versus last year for us when we needed him.

It's almost like he needs a change of teams every couple years to get motivated again. Let me guess he shows up in great shape next year like 2010 with us unlike the over-weight and struggling Delmon we had this year!

Go Tigers/Brewers!

All I pray for is the Yankees to get knocked out of the playoffs. Do every year, and if it is Delmon that does it- so be it. Can't stand that team, never have and I never will.

+1!

Delmon will not have to swing at the junk pitches with Miguel behind him. He will just take the walks. Those fast balls looks pretty good to him right now.

Game Thursday night should be a good game. Last night the Yanks just put a whooping on. Hope to see a 1-0 game coming down to the closers to win it or lose it.

Correct and he wouldn't get any fastballs with those guys behind him either. The season before he hit well because Thome and Cuddy were behind him. Once they moved him back down to 7th or what ever he batter here he wasn't going to get any good pitches to hit. He is a free swinger but now he doesn't have to as much with Miguel behind him. Pretty sure most don't want to pitch to Miguel and take chances with Delmon batting.

guys who are patient need protection, not someone like delmon. you can't pitch around delmon if you tried. that's why he didn't walk any more with hughes, tolbert, and butera hitting behind him. put that crew behind a paitent hitter and they'd have an obp over .400 with ease. delmon mustered up nothing.

you could have babe ruth behind delmon and i wouldn't pitch him any different.

delmon's hitting 3rd for detroit because they need him too and he is a good hitter, not because he needed the protection from guys trying to pitch around him.

Correct and he wouldn't get any fastballs with those guys behind him either. The season before he hit well because Thome and Cuddy were behind him. Once they moved him back down to 7th or what ever he batter here he wasn't going to get any good pitches to hit. He is a free swinger but now he doesn't have to as much with Miguel behind him. Pretty sure most don't want to pitch to Miguel and take chances with Delmon batting.

cuddy seldom hit behind delmon in the 2010 season. remember the term "second cleanup hitter" that gardy used last year when many were suggesting delmon and cuddy switch spots in the lineup. it's too bad gardy didn't listen given that ill fated double play ball that morneau broke up last year, but regardless it wasn't the batters behind delmon that helped him out in 2010. he just flat out hit the ball; especially when there were runners on base.

He was out of the game at the end with an apparent oblique strain. I think that's a nice way of saying you're defense sucks and they don't want his defense out there in that situation. Is it is an ablique strain, he might be out awhile. Wasn't that his issue with the twins this year?