• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Goodbye Delmon Young

Getanet

The Dome field advanatge is/was one of the most absurd things in sports. Glad we put that to rest last year with the best record in baseball at home "Target"

Proposterous statement nominee. That ugly dome is one of the biggest reasons the Twins have won 2 world championships, especially the 87 season. Opponents hated and dreaded going there to play, because of all the nuances. Pier, I have been agreeing with you strangely alot lately- but wholeheartedly disagree with you on this one.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It helps who's batting behind you. They are going to pitch to Delmon with Cabrera batting 4th.

you couldn't pitch around delmon if you tried. he doesn't walk.... EVER. i'd never throw him a strike no matter who was hitting behind him.

The Metrodome really isn't any different than any other Dome stadium throughout the years

Yep and all domed stadiums give the home team a big home field advantage. From the catwalks at the Trop, to the roof here- big advantages.

It makes a huge difference who's hitting behind him. Nobody is going to walk Delmon to pitch to Cabrera. He will get more fast balls battin were he is now. You can tell the difference right away.

The Dome was a advantage for the small ball twins over the years. Get that thing on the ground it would get through the infield. Losing the ball in the roof helped us with a lot of games.

Yep and all domed stadiums give the home team a big home field advantage. From the catwalks at the Trop, to the roof here- big advantages.

Every stadium has it's weird features that result in an advantage for the team that plays there more often and better learns how to play in that stadium. From the Flag Pole and 90 ft wide incline @ Minute Maid Park to the Green Monster and odd contours of Fenway. All stadiums have them.

believe I read that delmon is averaging one rbi per game since he joined tigers. that awesome guy still on our team I think has about 5 rbi's in the last month with around a .200 batting average. really wish team would have made a deadline trade while cuddy was playing above his normal play and got some good prospects for him.

you might want to root for cuddy to have a great end to the season so he ends up as a type A free agent - then the twins offer him arbitrations - then cuddy declines and signs elsewhere - then the twins get two compensation picks for losing him.

at least that's what i hope happens.

Greebs, up until he was traded, Cuddy was the hot hitter and Delmon was doing NADA. Who cares? He is gone. What can we do, sit n FemaleDog n whine about it?

ya you probably are right. it's not like not getting a possible higher than deserved return out of cuddy is the first time management has got burned on this team.

Every player on this team has burned them this season. None have earned their checks. We seem to be back to powder blue Twins this year, so sad.

It is. Mauer's contract will prove to be the equivalent of the Hershel Walker trade. The contract that sunk a franchise...for years...and years to come. Despite his personal success in the past...he is a loser...and the clubhouse knows it.

If Mauer stays, then Gardy has to go, and visa versa. I think Gardy knows exactly what he has in Mauer and he's sick about it. His hands are tied on this situation and he knows his days are numbered. No respect...on either side...and Gardy will be the one to go.

Mauer has PROVEN to be a wuss...a non-worker...and definately someone who can NOT lead a team to success...ever. He has ZERO respect in that locker room right now.

Powder Blue Twins...at least the jersey matches it's players. Sad, sad day!

Holy Cow Zep?

Quote:
really wish team would have made a deadline trade while cuddy was playing above his normal play and got some good prospects for him.

No team is/was going to give up any prospects for an older slightly above average player like Cuddy. It's not how it works teams don't make panic moves based on short term success.

Delmon's trade value is/was higher being he's fairly Young and his upside "potential" is much greater.

I'm pretty happy getting two pitching prospects including the 10th overall pick in the 2010 draft actually for Delmon and can't see anyway a team would have giving us close to that for Cuddy.

I'm on the fence as far as Delmon goes. I think if and when Delmon and his agent "who I don't blame" come to grips that Delmon is a DH for the rest of his career he can be a decent "not great" hitter in this league.