• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Goodbye Delmon Young

Getanet

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how Hardy bats 2nd for the orioles we needed a 2 hitter and Delmon bats is it 3rd for Detroit and our 3 hitter played half a season. I know it isn't on Gardy but I saw him make major mistakes this year that were very surprising why are we bunting guys into scoring position in the 1st inning when it likely will take 8 runs to win the game ? Give away outs and then we were failing to drive that guy in anyway, was it to avoid getting shut out, I like the pity party were sorry ad the twins put on the back of last weekends star and trib, just to fill the seats in 2012, did you guys read that garbage, seems no 1 on our team wants to be our leader, Cuddy kinda is but don't we crave for a former MVP or 2 to rise up and be thee man? Have fun Delmon, I think it shows when guys are focused they produce better, when our season tanked it was not a big deal to have several off games. Now my friend who I wanted to get Jay Bruce and Joey Votto for the m and m boys is agreeing a bit more, when NL pitcher or 2 can outslug your former MVP's batting about 6 times a week they better lay off the x-box and whirlpools this off-season.

I think we wrote the book on how to maximize talent over the years. It's just the laws of average catching up with us is all.

But I will say Gardy and crew obviously get a free pass on this disastrous season but if things go bad next year even the best Skipper in baseball could be looking for a new job!

The twins misuse their talent. Might be time to get some new coaching perspective

They need to clean that whole bench off as far as coaches are concerned, alot of players as well. I can't think of a single Twin that earned their check the entire season. Cuddyer did this season what Delmon did last year-both seemed to quit at All Star break. The Nishioka experiment was an utter failure, the M&M boys can't lace up their shoes without getting hurt, the entire pitching staff is god awful, and Valencia made quite a few mental mistakes. I think he will get better as time goes on, but the rest of them...........

But I will say Gardy and crew obviously get a free pass on this disastrous season but if things go bad next year even the best Skipper in baseball could be looking for a new job!

Personally, I think the best two skippers in baseball are Maddon and Ron Washington. Gardy maybe hits in top 10 on a good day

Let's see...Delmon Young with a good series for the Tigers against the Yankees; Carlos Gomez scoring the winning, walk-off run for the Brewers in the bottom of the 9th; and old favorite Nick Punto fielding the grounder to record the final out in the Cards win against the Phillies.

..and he of course didn't make the playoffs, but have to once again mention J.J. Hardy and the great season he had. good thing gardy didn't want him back this year because the ss position was already so loaded on this team.

Let's see...Delmon Young with a good series for the Tigers against the Yankees; Carlos Gomez scoring the winning, walk-off run for the Brewers in the bottom of the 9th; and old favorite Nick Punto fielding the grounder to record the final out in the Cards win against the Phillies.

...and i think all 3 of them are tied with the longest bashing thread on this forum. LOL.

Well Delmon is out for the series "again". Gomez hit .225 this year and Punto fielded a ground ball..... WOW, what were we thinking on those moves.. LOL.

On a side note good to see Zamboni's Greatest team of all time "PHILLIES" fold like the Metrodome roof in a snowstorm.

smile

Well Pierbridge it's still more than what we got out of Nishioka and Tolbert and many others who had a chance in there. We paid Joe huge money because he was the best "catcher" at the time, well we're phasing him out of the tools of ignorance quickly, tools of smarts to his family and pushing him into the weakest hitting position in baseball for the most part, quick trip to the majors, as a 1st baseman Joe would've been viewed a lot differently more like a Sean Casey or Mark Grace coming out of the minors. We need Terry Ryan back, do we really think Mauer was jumping up for joy when his best friend JJ Hardy left the squad to be replaced with a non-english speaking Japanese guy ? If I'm Mauer if JJ goes I'm gone to, we lost a ton of chemistry when Punto, Hardy, Guerreir, Thome, Hudson,Crain left, they were buying the old milwaukee's, Nishi is slurping seaweed and rice with his interpretor. I wouldn't be too optimistic for next season, check out where our stats ended up after the season and try to forecast big improvements in the areas we finished dead last in and it isn't clear. At least JJ can take in his team MVP award and have a grain belt.

Hold on .225 Gomez, that average would look good to many twins this year lol :)You bat him 8th, take his solid D and plug in 7 others and you aren't too bad, What's Revere or Span done that's more impressive than Cargo ? Span is a super solid triple AAA player.

As bad as his defense was I always liked his bat, hindsight's 20/20 but is he going to turn into a David Ortiz? Ortiz criticized Twins coaching staff for messing with his swing while Boston let him do his thing....all know how that worked out.

On a side note good to see Zamboni's Greatest team of all time "PHILLIES" fold like the Metrodome roof in a snowstorm.

smile

They aren't? Please argue that on paper that isn't probably the BEST starting rotation of all time. And in reality a starting rotation any manager of any baseball team in the world would die for. I have to hear that argument, you can't make one, they are beasts.