• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

It Has Begun!

Jackpine Rob

Man oh man, they keep on winning. It's fun to watch. Tough stretch here with SF and the Brew Crew. Let's at least go .500 there and then continue the march upward.

KC just passed out of our blindspot and appeared in the rear view mirror. Next up, a pair of old gym socks...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 6 1/2 back. Who'da thunk it even just a couple weeks ago. Fun to watch...

Not even the biggest homer in Twins land could have envisioned this realistically. Not sure why we doubt the premier organization in sports as you would think we would have learned our lesson by now. 6 back and we aren't even to the All Star game yet....that's just crazy all things considered.

Lets not get too excited. It's sure been a fun ride the last few weeks, but Butera and Tolbert aren't going to keep picking up clutch hits, and the pitching staff can't dominate like this forever.

Still, in a very weak AL Central, they have moved to within sniffing distance. If Morneau and Kubel get healthy, and if Mauer ever rounds back into form, they could conceivably make a run.

Quote:
Not sure why we doubt the premier organization in sports as you would think we would have learned our lesson by now

The "premier organization in sports?" I don't care who you are, that right there is funny stuff! The "premiere organization in sports" hasn't won a playoff series in almost a decade, hasn't won a championship in 20 years, and despite a 2011 payroll that is no longer small-market in any way, it still a good ways below .500

To be honest, I never thought with the players the Twins were fielding and the way our starting rotation was pitching that we would even be close to having a chance at the All Star break.

I know it's a longs ways off and a huge hill to climb but if we can get a few more guys healthy and hitting close to what they are capable of, we could have a shot.

Yes, our pitching cannot continue to be as hot as they have been as of late but if the players can pick up the hitting a bit, we may just have a shot at the division.

Right now, finishing second would be a good finish with the start they had and the huge hole they dug.

I believe the biggest comeback ever was a team 15 out before the break.

If the Twins could stay within 5 games by the break and stay healthy with next to no more injuries, they could do it.

It will be fun to see what they can do.

Who would have ever thought that Cassila would have the big hits and a 270 batting average after his start??

Sounds like somebody disagrees with "PREMIER ORGANIZATION".......when talking about the MN Twins. It is hard to argue, though, that the twins have been very good, for a long time....even though they use mostly "home-grown" talent from our farm system. Comparing us to the Yanks, Bosox, deep pockets and huge market revenue streams ,even now with Joe's contract is unrealistic. We will NEVER BE a big market team, because of population centers, we compete with.

Tolbert has surprised me, but he always plays hard.....gotta give him props for that. It MAY BE that he and Butera have finally learned to play up to their potential.......

I always thought the Twins would have a major say in who would win our division. Even with our terrible start,we play the leaders a lot of games yet.....our final standing is still in OUR HANDS. Could be FUN!

Okay rankings schmankings.... what have they done when it mattered? I agree that they are a well run franchise, but is success measured solely on regular seaon play? If so then their ranking is spot on. But shouldn't success be based at least partially on post season performance? Because if it were, basing on thier ability to get to the post season against thier ability to win in the post season I don't know what team I would rank lower... off the top of my head...

I guess I would rather have a team get there and flop than not get there at all (KC).. cool

You naysayers better be careful all of the wind coming off the bandwagon doesn't blow your skirts up over your faces!

Come September when the Twins clinch I'll be laughing and you'll still be grumbling about something or another.

These West Coast games are a pain though - I'm up past my bedtime listening to Gordo and Gladden....

They can win all the games left until the end of the season, come post season that is when their shoe strings seem to be tied together. They stumble, they fall. Still irks me they couldn't get the Lee deal done last season. That is the only attempt they have made at a legitimate free agent in a long time, well, he would have been seasons end. I really hope Nishiokis bat comes around, and soon.

The Twins have started their run to the Division championship!

Led by Plouffe and Delmon providing inspiration, with the venerable old Horse Blow providing late-inning drama - our Twins are just now embarking on their climb from the cellar into the Post-Season. Just as fans begin to enjoy watching the ball games again (rather than wincing, wailing and tearing our hair) we will be treated to.................

THE SECOND COMING with the Baby Jesus returning to the field as frenzied fans scream themselves silly and Morneau remembers that he's supposed to use that wooden thingie to hit the round thingamajig.

Its going to be great - and I take back everything I said about sticking forks and such back in early April.

Heh.