• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Share Your Awesome Crock Pot Recipies???

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found this searching through recipies

8 Bean Soup.

2 bags 7 bean dried beans

soak them 12 hours in water

rinse beans and put in crock pot

cover beans with water about 1.5 inches over

2 onion soup mixes

2 pounds of chunked ham

2 teaspoons garlic powder

1 teaspoon celery flakes

salt and pepper to taste.

Cook on high for 6 hours low for 2

Served with corn bread.

Crockpot Chicken Wild Rice Soup

* 1-1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed (I cut mine while they were partially frozen. Makes it easier)

* 3/4 cup uncooked wild rice

* 1/2 cup white or jasmine rice

* 3 larger carrots sliced (I cut mine in half after slicing)

* 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced

* 1 large yellow onion, chopped

* 6 cups water

* 2-1/2 tablespoons Chicken Flavored Bouillon Granules

* 1-1/2 cup heavy whipping cream

* 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

*1/2 Stick butter

(To flavor)

*Garlic

*Cayenne Powder (enough to give it flavor, not to heat it up too much)

*Rosemary

*Thyme

*bay leaves (I used 4)

In large (6-quart) crock pot, combine all ingredients (just throw the chicken in raw) with the exception of the heavy cream and flour. Cover and cook on the high heat setting for 4-5 hours or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender.

Just before serving, combine the heavy cream and the flour and add ½ stick of butter. Slowly stir the cream mixture into the soup. Cook and stir constantly for 5 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened. (I did this and then turned my crock pot to warm for a few hours before eating it)

Deitz don't salivate on your keyboard! I've always wanted to compile a bunch of recipes for the crock pot. Its the easiest way to make delicious food! Id invite you over for some crock pot wild rice soup tonight but, it be cold by the time you got here smile

since i always do the cooking. i usualy have to get up earlier and do the prep and then the breakfast. now i do it the day before and plug the crock pot in and we are ready to eat and go fishin. what a time saver. good luck.

My roast recipe is super simple. I take a chuck roast and cut into small chunks, 1" square maybe, bigger is OK. Put it in crockpot with 2 cups of water and salt and pepper. I explained to my mother that Women Salt to Taste, Men Salt to Clog. Clog your arteries that is. This recipe is manfuel so salt it like manfuel should be. This tastes just like the old Govt Canned beef, if you were poor enough to enjoy that back when the govt did that sort of thing.

venison stroganoff-cube venison and put in the crock with two cans golden

mushroom soup, garlic powder, onions and pepper. Let it cook all day and then 30 minutes before serving add mushrooms, sour cream and some cream cheese. Serve

over noodles and mashed tators.

Pork chops. Throw a couple big ones ( 1 1/2" or so) on the grill just long enough to get good criss cross grill marks. Can of cream of mushroom in the pot and use your imagination in the spice drawer. Leave on low for 5-6 hours. Don't bother setting out knives.

Like to grill beef roasts first too. Beer, red potatos, carrots, onions on low for 5-6 = meal.

Stew

Cube meat.....beef or venison

Brown in a pan

Add 1 can of Beef broth

Bring to a boil while scraping the pan

Pour into crockpot

Set on low for 4-5 hours

Add 1 can of golden Mushroom soup

Add 1 pkg of beef stew mix

Add cubed carrots and potatoes.

Thicken with corn starch/water mix

Easy Shredded Beef Sandwiches. So simple it doesn't sound good, but it's a hit up at camp.

4 lb roast

1 package of Ranch Seasoning (dry)

1 package of Au Jus dry seasoning

put on high and 7 hrs break roast apart and let simmer for 1hr

Here's a couple of dessert recipes. Enjoy!

CROCK POT APPLE CRISP

6 cups apples, sliced & peeled

3/4 cup packed brown sugar

2 TBSP flour

2 TBSP quick cooking oats

1/2 cup cold butter or marg.

1 (3 1/2 oz.) pckg. cook & serve butterscotch pudding mix

1 TSP ground cinnamon

Spray crock pot with Pam and put apples in. In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour,oats, pudding mix and cinnamon. Cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the apples. Cover and cook on low 3-4 hours or until apples are tender.

CROCK POT CAKE

1 Pckg. Chocolate cake mix

1 3 oz. box instant chocolate pudding mix

2 cups sour creme

4 eggs

1 cup water

3/4 cup veg. oil

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Spray crock pot with Pam. Combine all ingredients except choc. chips in a mixing bowl on medium speed. Stir in choc. chips and add batter to crock pot. Cook on low for 6-7 hrs. There should be moist crumbs on a toothpick when inserted in the center

Salt and pepper ribs of your choice and brown on grill or in frying pan. Then layer in crock pot with a couple of granny smith apples and one onion (both chopped and tossed with cinnamon and allspice). Cook on low all day. Toward end of cooking, drain juice and add a cup or so of your favorite BBQ sauce.

Im liking the turn out! keep em coming! lets get this puppy filled with recipes! How about some more appetizers...

Last night I was making enchiladas and I got to thinking, I bet you could make this same thing and throw it all in a crock pot and have an enchilada dip!

So why not

Chicken or Beef Enchilada Dip

Cook as much Chicken or Beef as you'd like. If it is chicken shred it.

Let cool

In a bowl mix cooked meat, enchilada sauce, tub of sour cream, refried beans and CHEESE!

Throw in the crockpot turn her on and enjoy in a little while with your favorite tortilla chips

Carnitas

MMM MMM MMM in burritos, tacos and even with eggs for breakfast...

Ingredients

1 teaspoon salt

2 teaspoon garlic powder (I use 3-4 cloves fresh garlic)

2 teaspoon ground cumin

1 teaspoon crumbled dried oregano

1 teaspoon ground coriander

1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 (4 pound) boneless pork shoulder roast

2-3 bay leaves

1 can chicken broth (10-12 oz)

I start by combining all the seasonings and rubbing down the pork. Get a big skillet hot and put a little oil in skillet. (traditionally you'd use lard which does leave a nice crispy outer surface) quickly sear the roast on all sides till browned. Put bay leaves on bottom of slow cooker, put roast on top of them and pour broth around roast. I put fresh garlic in at this point also.

Cook on low all day, remove roast shred into small chunks with 2 forks... it will shred very easily. I get my big cutting board out and chop it with a cleaver like they do in Mexico... Use juice in cooker to moisten meat to your liking...

Bye Bye Chipolte.

Good Luck!

Ken

This tastes just like the old Govt Canned beef, if you were poor enough to enjoy that back when the govt did that sort of thing.

And i thought i was the only poor schmuck on the block! I remember the label used to read "canned pork" haha! good ol days...we used to "spread" the meat between two slices of toast and mayo. Man that was some good government sandwiches. Bobby Flay should do a "Govt Sandwhich Throwdown" with me.