• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Share Your Awesome Crock Pot Recipies???

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geese, honkers any size any time of year. Locals or migration.

KEEP your hind 1/4's, these are the best! most guys breast them out and throw the hinds, these are better then the breast!!

Put about 3/4" water in the crock, sprinkle in any kind of seasoning, lowrey mabey a little garlic, some pepper then add a onion that is sliced into 1/4's.

Add the goose. Both hind 1/4s and both breast 1/2s, spinkle a little more seasoning over the meet and cook on medium heat for 6-8 hours.

You will never throw throw those hind 1/4's away again!

Everything falls apart off the bone and it is great!

I have been trying to cook these geese for over 30 years without much luck until I heard about this method. Now this is the only way I cook them.

Guys, here's one. Best Ham I've ever had.

- Get a spiral smoked honey ham - Target's one wrapped in Al. foil or equivalent.

- Throw away the glaze packet!!

- Mix up in a bowl about 1/2 cup Brown Sugar, few Table spoons of Honey & 4-5 table spoons of real Maple Syrup.

- Put the ham big side down in the Crock Pot & pour your homemade glaze over it.

- Cook a few hours & baste it with your glaze a couple times.

Hope you try it!

had to bump this thread up

also wanted to share that this recipe has been made more than a few times at our house and my family absolutely loves it

Carnitas

MMM MMM MMM in burritos, tacos and even with eggs for breakfast...

Ingredients

1 teaspoon salt

2 teaspoon garlic powder (I use 3-4 cloves fresh garlic)

2 teaspoon ground cumin

1 teaspoon crumbled dried oregano

1 teaspoon ground coriander

1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 (4 pound) boneless pork shoulder roast

2-3 bay leaves

1 can chicken broth (10-12 oz)

I start by combining all the seasonings and rubbing down the pork. Get a big skillet hot and put a little oil in skillet. (traditionally you'd use lard which does leave a nice crispy outer surface) quickly sear the roast on all sides till browned. Put bay leaves on bottom of slow cooker, put roast on top of them and pour broth around roast. I put fresh garlic in at this point also.

Cook on low all day, remove roast shred into small chunks with 2 forks... it will shred very easily. I get my big cutting board out and chop it with a cleaver like they do in Mexico... Use juice in cooker to moisten meat to your liking...

Bye Bye Chipolte.

Good Luck!

Ken

Crock pot shredded goose!

Put goose breasts in crock pot and put enough water just to the top of the breasts.

Couple drops of Woytershire sauce, or soy sauce. Make sure only a couple drops!

Add some garlic powder, pepper, steak seasoning and onion in any manner or Lipton onion soup by just pouring on top of breasts!

Let it marinate for at least 4-6 hours.

Cook on low for 8-12 hours or on high for 6 hours.

After done cooking, shred the breasts with 2 forks.

Pour out all reaming juices in crock pot (optional) then add minced onion and pour 1 can of beef broth.

Let sit in crock pot on warm mode and serve!

Turkey Sloppy Joes/Shreaded Turkey

1 Turkey Breast (thawed or Frozen)

1 can Chicken Broth

1 Packet itailian seasoning

1 Packet Ranch seasoning Not buttermilk

Put in crock pot overnight, than pull turkey out once it cools a bit shread and return to juicey and reheat very easy

Thought I'd bump this one back up. After reading the Breakfast Crockpot recipe on Page 1 a long time ago, I finally got around to making it. It was very good, but be warned, you can feed an army with it.

Perfect for fishing trips though - wake up and eat! It also stays hot/warm for quite a while after you turn the Crockpot off, so it's a great recipe to have at the cabin if you have early birds and others who like to sleep in.

Thought I'd bump this one back up. After reading the Breakfast Crockpot recipe on Page 1 a long time ago, I finally got around to making it. It was very good, but be warned, you can feed an army with it.

Perfect for fishing trips though - wake up and eat! It also stays hot/warm for quite a while after you turn the Crockpot off, so it's a great recipe to have at the cabin if you have early birds and others who like to sleep in.

How many does this recipe feed? 10, 15, 20 people? My tailgate just went from 4 to 14 in 10 minutes and I'm wondering if a should do a double batch

Thanks

Real simple but a good one, take 3 lbs of either boneless or bone in chops 1 can of cream of mushroom soup, one can of Campbell's French onion soup, garlic, pepper and one can of water. Cook on high for 6 hrs or so and serve over mashed potatoes.

Made a crockpot roast that used brown gravy mix and Coke soda. I thought it was pretty good. I think this might be the one (this is an online recipe, not my creation)...

4 pounds beef sirloin roast

3 carrots, chopped

3 stalks celery, chopped

1 clove garlic, minced

1/2 (.75 ounce) packet dry brown gravy mix

2 tablespoons water

1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix

1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup

10 fluid ounces cola-flavored carbonated beverage

Garlic Roast Beef Sandwiches-

put a beef roast of your choosing in crockpot. Salt it pretty heavy with Kosher Salt or Sea Salt, put 2-3 tabelspoons of minced garlic on top and add 1/2 cup of water. Once it's done shred the beef.

Take small crusty baguettes or a similar crunch bread. Cut in half, put beef on bottom and take the top of baguette and dip the "face" in the au jus and then put on top of sandwich. I prefer some horseradish and maybe some cheese on the sandwich too.