• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Share Your Awesome Crock Pot Recipies???

Ive searched for some various recipes on here to put in a crock pot. I have found some. But what I would really love to see is a pile of different recipes in here! Kind of like whoever created the thread with all the smoking brines and recipes and compiled them all into one thread.

In all honesty most of my cooking is over the stove or on a grill. But I always love a good Crock Pot Meal. And would love to get several recipes!

What are some of your favorite recipes you all like to throw in the crock pot?

I am interested in all from Appetizers, dips, meatballs, little smokies, to soups, roast, chilli ect!

Whatcha got????

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people love this one, some hate it. I love it! smile I have a hunting buddy that makes a good German dinner when we go Bow hunting in the crock pot. He puts a bunch of peeled and cut up potatos in the bottom, then puts in a big rack of ribs around the outside and fills the middle with sauerkraut! OMG! Love it! The meat just falls off the bone and the spuds are really tangy! It's a great and easy guy meal as you throw it in the pot in the morning and it's ready when you come back to the shack at night! wink

i make ribs and pork chops in the oven the following way. i spray my baking pan with pam. season pork ribs lightly with salt peper and minced garlic. put in oven at 300 until ribs are done turning once. drain any liquid from the pan. then top with krout and bacon mix. you can find that reciepe on the cooking and recepie forum on page 4 under Hey Reinhard a ? for you post #2459184. after you top the ribs with the krout bacon mix, put the ribs and krout back in the oven at 325 for a half hour. the tips of the krout should be a little brown. then serve. good luck.

Seeing that St Pattys Day was yesterday, this is a good one.

Take a 3 lb package of Flat Cut Corned Beef (its always on sale this time of the year) and throw in the crock pot, cover it with Guiness beer, a handful of peppercorns, and a whole head of garlic (peeled). Garlic powder would work if you don't want to mess with the whole head. Cook on low for 8 hours, refridgerate, then slice thin for Rueben Sandwiches.

Or at the 6 hour point, throw in baby red potatoes and carrots and at the 7 hr point throw in chopped cabbage for a corn beef and cabbage dinner.

I wouldn't call it a recipe per se, as I didn't do anything except toss stuff in and turn the power on, but here's what I put in the crock pot yesterday, going from bottom of the pot to the top:

1 - potato (cubed)

1/2 - sweet potato (cubed)

1/2 - head of cabbage

1 - jumbo yellow onion

2 - large carrots

1 - corned beef slab(I forget the amount but maybe 2 lbs)

Corned beef came with some peppercorns, so that went on top.

Turn crock pot on high

11 hours later, delicious dinner.

Meatloaf Burgers:

2# ground pork

2# ground turkey

2 large onions, sliced

3 stalks celery, chopped

2 cans tomato juice

1/2 cup ketchup

4 cloves garlic, minced

2 tsp italian seasoning

Salt & Pepper to taste

Put the onions and celery in the bottom of slow cooker. Mix the meats together with the salt/pepper and italian seasonings, form patties and put on top of onions & celery. Mix all the other ingredients together and pour over the patties. Cook on low for 7-9 hours. Serve on buns with cheddar cheese, onion and sweet pickles.

Good Mustard:

Mix 1 cup mayo, 1 cup dijon mustard and 1/2 cup minced onion.

Ive been looking around and I know I have had this and it is pretty good.

Hot and Cool Buffalo Chicken Dip

This is great for a football party, board game night, and any other occasion where people will want to be snacking on some yummy treats.

hot-wing-dip.jpg

Ingredients

2 1/2 cups cooked chicken (shredded) – you can use store-bought rotisserie chicken or even canned chicken if you want

8 oz. cream cheese

1 1/4 cups shredded medium cheddar cheese

1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

1 cup Hidden Valley Ranch dressing (don’t use low fat or fat free – it’ll be gross) If you prefer blue cheese dressing, use a chunky style, or add some blue cheese crumbles.

1/2 cup hot sauce (I use Frank’s RedHot sauce)

Directions

Put all ingredients into your crock pot, cover, and cook on low for an hour or so – until all the cheese is melted. One recipe suggested that you serve with shrimp toast (toast with a piece of shrimp and a piece of cheese melted on it), and another suggested that you serve with celery sticks. I just serve mine with little bread rounds.

this is how i make pot roast. it's simple but does the trick. in the crock pot:

4 lb chuck roast

i bottle of beer [not dark]

1 box lipton beefy onion soup.

pour the beer in the crock pot. put both packs of the soup mix in next.

mix the beer and mix some. put the roast in the crock pot and swish around the liquid a little bit and turn it over. put the lid on and set on high and should be ready to go in 6 hours or when the meat is seperated easily with a fork.

the beer, flavor from the roast, and soup mix make a great gravey. when the roast is taken out i pour the liquid from the crock pot in a seperate pot. big enough to make the gravey you will need. if more liquid is needed pour some more beer in there. thicken with corn starch or flour.

i usualy make this with mashed potatoes or my german dumplings that i have a reciepe for on another thread. and a vegi which i cook seperatly and my krout with bacon. good luck.

This is a breakfast one thats been a big hit in our family,

1 bag of frozen hash browns

lb ham (cooked)

1 Medium onion

1 medium red pepper

1 1/2 to 2 cups of coly-jack

12 eggs

1/2 to 1 cup of milk

salt and pepper

1. spray a little pam in crock pot

2. Put a layer of hashbrowns on bottom

3. Add a layer of ham,onion,pepper cheese in order

4. Repeat layers, ending with a layer of cheese.

5. Beat eggs, milk,salt and pepper together

6. Pour over the layers, cover and turn on low

8. Cook for 8-10 hours(over night and you wake up its ready)

You can add other thing too

that is what i would call different. no way would i have thought of doing something for breakfast in a crock pot. not only is this handy in having something ready in the morning to go, what an excelent way of preparing this for camping [yes i know electric sites grin] and save more time for fishing. probably two crock pots in out family. thank you. excelent! good luck.

One of our favorites form the Fix it and Forget It cookbook.

Piquant French Dip

Makes 8 servings

3-lb Chuck Roast

2 cups water

1/2 cup soy sauce

1 tsp. dried rosemary

1 tsp. dried thyme

1 tsp. garlic powder

1 bay leaf

3-4 whole peppercorns

8 French rolls

1. Place roast in slow cooker. Add water, soy sauce and seasonings.

2. Cover. Cook on High 5-6 hours, or until beef is tender.

3. Remove beef from broth. Shred with fork. Keep warm.

4. Strain broth. Skim fat. Pour broth into small cups for dipping. Serve beef on rolls.

We like to add at least a dozen peppercorns. You need to add all the seasonings at the time when you are making it. I tried to put all the seasonings in a bag with plans on making it in two days and it did not have the right flavor.

i want to do all of these. that recepie sounds awesome as well. another to do around the campfire. i got a electric site for the first time last year and bearhead state park after the regular sites [they were great as well]. i took a small refrigerator along and coffee maker, a rotissarary but no crock pot. now i know i will save time. only steaks and my venison sousage will be done on charcoal. you guys and gals are great!!!!!!good luck. keep them comming.