• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

SHED HUNTING THREAD - PICs INCLUDED

Not sure... Some poacher probably killed it. Either that or it's sheds were never found, or it died in the middle of a swamp and never got found (highly unlikely!)

Got hit by a car. DNR has it now.

I noticed looking into Iowa since there season is later somewhat that the DNR has a few paragraphs about how to tell if it's a shed buck or not, they say shoot at deer in a group etc. don't shoot the lone large deer etc. found it kinda interesting, good luck shed hunters, those racks will be a touch slippery, could be a perfect time to find early shedders as the rain should melt some of the snow down, as long as the snow stays away which it looks kinda like it will in much of the area I'm in anyway, MB

I have a question on sheds, I know the deer may bleed after sheding thier antlers from the connection point. So I was out yesterday fallowing a heavily traveled deer trail and spotted blood of to the side of it. Do you guys look more caefully if seeing something like this or is it probly something else? thanks!

vexilarman, its always good to follow up on a small blood trail while shed hunting. however, if you shed hunt a lot in the winter you will find a fair amount of blood. deer bleed for lots of reasons, but i always follow a blood trail but seldom lead me to a antler.

hightower, very impressive!!! you've got a dandy crop of bucks for next year!!! you must have a lot deer in your search area. do you have a standing corn field in the area or a good food source?? keep up the good work!!

hightower, very impressive!!! you've got a dandy crop of bucks for next year!!! you must have a lot deer in your search area. do you have a standing corn field in the area or a good food source?? keep up the good work!!

No major food source, wintering area, lowland.

A new find from yesterday.

full-13971-29037-new4point.jpg

I have a nice buck coming in just about every nite and kocking over my phesant feeder so I wired some steel post to the bottom of it maybe in hopes to get those racks, but there not coming off. Trying to figure out how to put some pictures on this but im not very good with the computers. may on sunday