• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

SHED HUNTING THREAD - PICs INCLUDED

I did a lot of walking again today. I didn't find anything till the end of the day other than to many guys out walking the same piece of land. The word must have gotten out since last year when I had the whole place to myself all spring. But on the way back to my truck I tripped over something, and after closer inspection it was a antler that was out there for at least one full year. It had been ran over by a disk multiple times while planting the food plot burying everything but a portion of the main beam. Hopefully I can continue the good luck while I'm back in MN looking next weekend.

DSC_0031_zpse3ccd56b.jpg

I went out this weekend for a total of about 5-6 hours between Saturday and Sunday in an area that has a lot of wintering deer and had great success finding 20 antlers/sheds (a couple were "break offs"). I found one set that would probably score in the mid 120's with a 14" spread credit, and the biggest single scored 64". Wish I had more time to search as I know I only scratched the surface. It sure is fun finding sheds like that!

the hidden gem of shed hunting is finding places in the Suburbs and hitting them once the snow melts. I haven't done it for years but my percentage of finding sheds was way higher and some pretty good chances of finding some really nice ones.

The ambiance isn't as good with all the traffic noise so that part isn't as appealing though.

Here are some pics of bucks from around Christmas time. Got us excited but never found any antlers. Haven't been up north since then. When I get back I'll check chips to see if the rest have dropped. Sorry for quality, they are pics of pics. Camera date is wrong fyi.

20150101_090229_zps307726c9.jpeg

20141228_153747_zps0f4f4b60.jpeg

20141228_153453_zpsc3ec5f9d.jpeg