• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Childress Fired!!!!!

DonBo

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is absolutely zero creativity from this guy offensively. how often did they run play action on first down with AP in the backfield? should have been doing that 1/3 to 1/2 the time(watch the linebackers fly up to the line of scrimmage when they did do it) and see the middle of the field open up...then you have a quick throw for 5-6 yards(or more) and 2nd and 5 or less. opens things up. too many 3rd and long situations with his playcalling. run right on 1st. run left on 2nd. throw on 3rd. not predictable at all. d coordinators around had him figured out along time ago.

Sounds like you should want Bevell fired since he is the one who has called the majority of plays. Not sure if his style of play calling will change much just because someone else is the head coach.

It sure is convenient how everyone else's faults have been put on Chili. Many other coaches and players should be right along with him for the taxi ride. whistle

Difference between winning and losing at this level comes down mainly to turnovers, health, and schedule. Chilly wasn't the guy but let's not kid ourselves how much the above three factors played into this year opposed to last. Other than schedule getting easier for rest of year, todays firing won't be a magic fix for this team.

Much easier and cheaper to fire one head coach than to get rid of 10 or more problem players that may be undermining whats trying to be done.

Moss was released because coaches saw him as a cancer and all he-- broke loose-players started taking sides one way or the other.

Some players remained neutral--3 separate groups trying to play as one.

childress is the head coach so it is on him. if bevell is calling the plays, then maybe he should go also. childress has a large playcard with him every game, so if you think he doesnt have control over the play calling, I think you are mistaken. obviously favre has not played well this year, but childress lost this team long ago due to being inept. continuing to right tight formations with 8-9 in the box and he wonders why peterson rarely gets loose? you must be kidding if you think this doesnt fall on coaching.(or lack thereof).

Fishersofmen, looks like the owner of the team sees otherwise. He must see something going on to make this move. If he didnt have plenty of blame on him Zygi wouldnt have made the move. Maybe these guys will enjoy playing for a coach that doesnt throw everyone else under the bus. Maybe they will play hard for a change, rather than the 7 minutes they have played hard this whole season.

I was not happy working in this weather today but when the client came out and told me Child was fired things warmed up fast and I stopped noticing the cold mist as I cheered hurray its about time.

I really did not think Ziggy would do this I guess when the fans chant Fire the Childress at a game the $$ sign speaks loudly.

Child should have been gone before last season. He has no vision for the future bringing in Favre proved that. Even with the talent(though now it looks questionable if it were talent)Spielman, Payton and Studwell put in front of him he still struggled to win games during a soft schedule like last year. This year with a tougher schedule just shows how bad he is and predictable. No its not all his fault but he is the leader and should be able make things work ,that's hiswas job . If one does not think so look at the Packers and all their injuries they have had this year that coach seems to make it work.

The part I hate the most is we lost the identity of our team. We used to be a smashmouth football team. When we brought Favre in the plan was to open things up for AP and Favre would only have to throw 20-30 times a game and AP would get 25 touches.

It started out that way and we did good, as the season wore on last year we started slowly turning into a passing team, this year we've tried way more passing then I'd ever like to see us do. Now days you have Favre throwing 40-50 times and AP getting 15 rushes.

When Favre has 17 turnovers and AP has none I think we would be better off feeding the beast. To make matters worse we are thin at WR, I'll never understand the playcalling on this team.

POUND THE ROCK!!

all the money we spent on chili shouldve went to chester taylor, give some nobody a couple hundred thousand dollars to be the "coach" and then just tell him to let Brett do his own thing. Why didnt we have more WR's on the roster to start the season? Having nobody to throw to has hurt Brett and the vikes, Harvin has injuries and migranes, Rice is just coming back now, Moss didnt try, Lewis is a 4th option at best, baskett is even worse, Berrian is having the worst season ever (is he even around?) Shaincoe has caught alot, and chester taylor wouldve completed alot of 3rd downs too, plus he can pass block unlike AP. IF IF IF our Wide Receivers could always be healthy we would have a good squad, but they never are healthy. Also, having a QB that is willing to come to camp would help, and maybe vibe with Camarillo. All these so-called pro bowl players and 3 wins?? Horrible.

I think Chilly had more input into play calling than what we think. He's an offensive coach with an attitude so he will "suggest" plays. Now we may see the real Bevell over the coarse of the season. If offense is stagnate then he goes. Frazier already said that the line play on both sides of the ball has to improve. So he already has identified problems, so maybe it is the position coaches that are part of the problem. Offense needs to change from zone blocking scheme, even Hutch had a hard time with it. I don't think the players really caught on with it. I bet Frazier is getting some advice from Dungy behind the scenes. Their play on Sunday will show which direction the team will be headed.

Look on the brightside it can't get any worse. Most of us know the head coach had the final say in the called plays, who hasn't seen him call the plays and cover his mouth with his play sheet, thats why he wouldn't let Junkson audible and he would get mad when Favre would audible.

Say what you will about Moss and Favre but you can bet they know way more about football then the old coach ever did. All the smart players didn't get along with the old coach. Birk laughed at him and took less money to play somewhere else.

Frazier might earn more respect from the players because he actually played football in the NFL and was on a winning team.

fishersofmen - Chili calls the plays, and freaks out when his QBs audible, and alot of Favre's turnovers are in the 3rd or 4th quarter on 3rd or 4th down when something has to happen, and you cant just throw the ball into the stands to avoid being sacked. Favre has not played well, but at least he has the tools if given the right situation. T Jack doesnt have the skills nor the situation, and would throw balls away and we would punt, and our record would still be the same. Tjack at the helm equals 2wins - 16 turnovers.

fishersofmen - Chili calls the plays, and freaks out when his QBs audible

Did you see Favre "freak out" on Bevell on Sunday? Classic. I wonder why he was upset with Bevell since he is only there on the sidelines to look pretty. It sure is sad when I have to go and pull articles just to show uneducated Viking fans who has been calling the majority of plays since 2006. But I shall humbly except the responsibility.........gringrin

Here is for all who keep telling me otherwise. wink

“I would say we’re really good friends, and other than that it’s a league matter and they are taking care of it,” said Bevell, who is in his third year as Minnesota’s offensive coordinator under coach Brad Childress.

Bevell didn’t bite on a query about whether he was curious to see where Favre winds up playing if he follows through on his desire to file for reinstatement, now that the Packers have committed to Aaron Rodgers as their starter.

“Like I said, I’m just focused on what we’re doing here,” Bevell said. “That’s going to happen, what’s going to happen, but focused on what we’re doing.”

Last year, Bevell was on the list of preseason storylines, but in a better light. In an attempt to improve an offense that was one of the worst in franchise history, Childress turned the majority of the play-calling responsibility over to Bevell after acknowledging at the end of 2006 he didn’t handle that duty well as a rookie coach.

Less criticism of predictable, conservative play-calling came from fans and analysts; Bevell was more willing to open up the playbook.

“I always like to get involved in the process, but you have to also not be meddlesome,” Childress said this week. “He always has good rhyme and reason as to what he’s looking at. I don’t think we’re ever going to be running a wishbone or anything like that. Most of the concepts are the same.”