• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Childress Fired!!!!!

DonBo

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Confirmed: http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/109908409.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aU1yDEmP:QMDCinchO7DU

I wonder if Favre will drive Chilly to the airport?

Anyhow, good riddance--this season is lost, might as well start rebuilding now.

Now we run the table, finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs...umm yea...maybe a bit late on this one Zygi.

Love the news though. Just looking at the guy made me upset. Glad he is gone, now we cut ties with T-Jack and move forward trying to make a winning team.

Exactly. Hope they are coming up with some good excuses now! I don't think Chili has what it takes to ever be one of the better coaches in the league, but how do you explain the performance of all these multi millionaires rolling over. Do these guys need a motivational speaker on top of their paycheck? Better bring someone in who can get in their face and make them pee down their legs....... whistle

Now there is alot of pressure on the players. We have heard for 2 yrs how Chilly is holding them back, how his game planning was bad, how his playcalling was bad, etc. Well, now we will see. The schedule is fairly easy the rest of the way and if this team is truly as talented as we are led to believe they should easily win 5 of 6.

If these guys can not get it up so to speak, we will learn who was really to blame.

About time. Glad to see him go. Any success the Vikings have had recently has been due to overwhelming talent. Never once did I feel that the Vikings won because of a well-prepared gameplan. Never once did I feel that the Vikings made needed adjustments at half-time. I really don't care if the Vikes win or lose the rest of the season. I just want to see something different. Good effort on the players part. Gameplans that throw some curveballs every now and then.

This was long overdue. they won in spite of this guy and his ego. he was too stubborn to adjust offensively after Peterson showed up, and continued to run tight formations, not allow QBs to audible(he wouldnt let Frerotte audible to a pass with 8-9 guys in the box(admitted it in a post game press conference). Fave audibled alot last year and that was a source of the tension between those two. there is absolutely zero creativity from this guy offensively. how often did they run play action on first down with AP in the backfield? should have been doing that 1/3 to 1/2 the time(watch the linebackers fly up to the line of scrimmage when they did do it) and see the middle of the field open up...then you have a quick throw for 5-6 yards(or more) and 2nd and 5 or less. opens things up. too many 3rd and long situations with his playcalling. run right on 1st. run left on 2nd. throw on 3rd. not predictable at all. d coordinators around had him figured out along time ago.