• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bow stand log

Archerysniper

Two bucks in two nights, both two and a half year olds. Big bodys but not the antlers I am looking for. 100-110 inchers beautiful animals! Either one would make a nice first buck for my son or step son, so hopefully thats the way it works out. Keep after em!!

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoyed my first sit of the season last night. Nice night, very few skeets. At 7:20, I spy antlers floating around the edge of the cattails working around to me. He gets to about 60yds & stops. Seemingly dissatisfied, he turns and steps into the brush. I think he caught my scent. The wind was East when I went out but after checking this morning, it switched Northeast around 7pm. Bummer. He wasn't the deer I was after but was plenty big for an arrow. Have to look at trail cam pics to see who he is.

I also got out last night for the first time this season. Had two does browsing around me and under my stand (only 10' up). I had a real hard time hearing them last night. I will be happy when some of the leaves fall and make the ground a bit more crunchy. With the damp air and ground, they were pretty silent. I took my digital camera out and took some videos for my young daughters. They got a kick out of that.

Saw 7 last nite, 2 small bucks a basket 6, and an ugly 7, all got within 20 yrds, 2 bucks got as close as 12 yrds- in a great spot but no good trees to get up in the stand very high, only got up about 12' in a nasty lookin tree, but being that low to the ground with deer that close is a blast! Still lookin for the one

went out this morning when I thought there was break in the rain. The look on the wife's face was priceless when I told her I was going. went to a stand thats not far from the road seen 7 deer all does and fawns had one doe about 2 feet from the ladder but by then it was raining so hard I didnt dare shoot sat untill 9am and called it quits. glad I did had to take several detours to avoid driving thru running water. Its bad down here guys we have gotten alot of rain about 7 inches in the gage so far. Anyone planning on coming to the S.E part of the state this weekend should try and call ahead. they are saying hwy 52 north of pine island could be closed for a week on the northbound side due to culvert seperation. they also evacuated white water state park due to flooding. Not good t all down here.

sat from 530 so 1000 this morning. had 2 walk by before legal light one at 545 and the other at 555. nothing after light. pretty good wind out of E/NE but no drizzle or rain til about 1030. the first was moving pretty fast so i was guessing a buck and he had someplace to be before light

Dear bow stand log I get up at 4:00 this morning to go hunting. In tyhe stand by 5:30. And it starts raining at 5:45 why does mothernature hate us??? To top it off she makes sure I am awake she sends a coon up in the stand with me tell yah what I am awake for sure now. I hunted last evening seen 4 does a a. Forker. Nothing shot though 2 does were right below my stand I sure like when they do that. Sorry if this is hard to understand but I am ding on my phone. Shoot straight everyone and good luck

Spent Friday Evening in the stand.

Saw 35 deer, mostly does and fawns with a few spikes and fork bucks.

Spent 6 hours this morning in a different stand on the same property trying to ambush Mr Drop Tine Buck going to feed or going back to bed.

Saw 12 deer all does and fawns.

Been as many as 50 deer in the 40 acre food plot this week.

Mr. Drop Tine has not made an appearance yet.

Here we go {fingers crossed}

CLEARING SKIES AND LIGHT WINDS WILL ALLOW TEMPERATURES TO DIP

INTO THE 30S OVERNIGHT. TEMPERATURES ARE EXPECTED TO DROP INTO THE

LOWER TO MIDDLE 30S WITH FROST FORMATION LIKELY AFTER MIDNIGHT.

sunshine and frost in the AM... I just might rattle a bit in the morning.

just have to wait to see if it'll be my teeth or the horns.

I figured they would be moving tonight but didn't see any out and about. The guy that hunts the bean field south of my house had the 4 wheeler out of his truck tonight though. That usually only means one thing.

Man, this is seriously gnawing on my brain to not be out yet. Too much carp going on though.

It's down to: If I don't paint tomorrow, it ain't gettin done this year. If I don't study, I'm not passing the test on Tuesday.

Hopefully I'll talk myself into worrying about those things while I'm on stand tomorrow. wink

Made it out last night, had a group of at least 7 deer pass by me, no shots offered. hunted the bluffs overlooking the zumbro river. Where corn and bean fields were, there is now a lake. Was hoping that maybe a water weary buck would be wondering the hillside. No way those big zumbro bottom deer are still down there unless they have a snorkel.

Mental note, with all the rain we have been having and the ground being so saturated. My scent trail to the stand might as well have been a neon sign.

The willey lead doe blew when she crossed my path, ignoring the rubberboots, newly washed clothes, and half bottle of scent killer spray. The mosquitos are still nasty, thank god for the wind.

I now only pump out my basement every 10-12 hours. So things are looking up.

I didn't get out Friday but saw a lot of deer moving around about 1.5 hours before dark.

I picked up a doe tonight, a few other deer on their feet as well but no racks to be found. I also must say I love the online registration, I was even impressed at how easy it was.

The willey lead doe blew when she crossed my path, ignoring the rubberboots, newly washed clothes, and half bottle of scent killer spray.

This has happened to me plenty of times too, both mature bucks and does. This year I said heck with it and you know what its great!!! No more putzing around and freaking out about everything scent, I just hunt the wind and don't even worry about being clean. I've come to discover that no amout of scent control I do is going to stop a mature deer from busting me.

I will say I plan I going scent free during the rut, several times I have fooled some does downwind, sometimes the bucks have busted me and other times I got them before they had a chance to, or they were on a hot doe and not thinking clearly.