• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Please Fire Brewster

JBMasterAngler

Brew can't have it both ways. The same system that labeled him as a "Top Recruiter" is now labeling him as a failure for a coach.

We all know that neither is 100% true, but he had no qualms about accepting one title. smile

Whether or not the guy can coach makes no difference anymore. It's too late. A change is needed.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weber is the worst Division 1 q-back in the upper mid-west. With him AND Brewster leading this team...they have no chance.

Did anybody really believe Weber could lead this team in the final two minutes to victory...

I can't lay all the blame on Weber--he is, after all, playing in Brewster's system...

Anyhow, some might argue that today's one-point loss to a good Big Ten opponent at home constitutes a moral victory for the Gophers, and evidence Brewster should stay. To that, I say that another word for "moral victory" is "loss".

This Gopher team is now 1-4 with the easiest part of their schedule behind them. I still think they could beat Illinois, whose coach is not that much better than Brewster, but 1-11 is a real possibility.

1 point losses aren't gonna get brewster out of here fast enough. It's nice to see they played tough and almost won, but in all honesty I was hoping northwestern would come in and beat the gophers down! I think they have a better chance of beating purdue than they do of illinois.

I'm sorry if this was brought up earlier, I didn't read every post. I was listening to ESPN radio today and they said that Brewster's buy-out is much higher if he is fired prior to December 1st. Therefore I think we can expect to see him fired on December 1st or 2nd.

Quote:
This program has really taken major steps backwards

Not really we're 2 plays away from being the same ole slightly below mediocre program we've been for the last 40 years.

Funny thing is when the new coach comes in after next year and we win 4 or 5 games again a lot of you will feel happy about it.... grin

Mason left this boat with a huge hole in it, half sunk, Brewster just guided her down to the bottom. smile

Not really we're 2 plays away from being the same ole slightly below mediocre program we've been for the last 40 years.

Funny thing is when the new coach comes in after next year and we win 4 or 5 games again a lot of you will feel happy about it.... grin

Mason left this boat with a huge hole in it, half sunk, Brewster just guided her down to the bottom. smile

Slightly below mediocre would be a HUGE upgrade from where the Gophs are right now!

PierBridge said: "Funny thing is when the new coach comes in after next year and we win 4 or 5 games again a lot of you will feel happy about it.."

So why exactly do you continue to insist that Brewster will be coaching the Gophers next year?

Do you think Brewster deserves another year, and if so, why? Mason has been gone for four years, so it is hard to argue that the many embarassments and complete lack of accomplishments under Brewster are all Mason's fault. As I noted in an earlier post, there are plenty of coaches (Barry Alvarez, Hayden Fry, Gary Barnett, Bill Snyder, Joe Tiller, etc.)who turned moribund programs around quite quickly.

Or, do you think that Maturi and the U of M admin. are so clueless and incompetent that they will keep a bad coach like Brewster around for another season, either to save money or because they are utterly detached from reality?

Just wanna ask a crazy scenario here. The AD seems incompetent too and Dungy has said he wouldn't coach again. IF the AD gets canned too, along with Brewster, think Dungy would have any interest in the AD job?

Still unlikely, IMO. The stories from the last week reporting that Dungy had no interest in the HC job at the U of M said it was personal issues, not any particular situation in the Twin Cities, that will keep Dungy from taking over from Brewster.

I don't see how his wife's dislike of cold weather, and his desire to be involved in his son's life (two reasons given for why Dungy supposedly has no interest in coaching the Gophers), would be less important for Dungy to consider if he were offered the AD job.