• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lebron James is a classless human being.

RumRiverRat

I have no problem with him switching teams, but to have a one hour special for someone who hasn't won squat, that was self serving garbage of a program ESPN has ever agreed to put on - and that's saying something.

The "King", errrrr the "Chosen One" thinks he can only win a Championship with the help of two other top 10 players, one of which has already won a Championship without him. This King is more like an Intern. He's got a long way to go to surpass MJ - LJ's goal.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is starting to have the WWE feeling, it is getting to be just entertainment. I hope the team doesnt even make the playoffs, and they wreck their chances because they have no money to add players to the 3 players.

I have to admit that even though I consider myself a sports fan, that I have never actually watched a single game he has ever played. He seemed to me to be way overhyped from day 1 and so maybe it turned me off a bit. One way or the other it is a free country and he was a free agent so it was perfectly acceptable to me for him to switch teams. I am not sure what the TV thing did for anyone but I guess it did get people talking and they do say in show business that any press is good press.

dan gilbert has said some pretty classless things in the past 24 hrs.

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER 'KING' WINS ONE"

"The self-declared former 'King' will be taking the 'curse' with him down south," Gilbert wrote. "And until he does 'right' by Cleveland and Ohio, James [and the town where he plays] will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma."

he personally guaranteed the cavs will win a championship before lebron does... this should be interesting to watch unfold

Gilbert needs to put his money where his mouth is and start putting together a team with some stars and hopefully win a championship next 2 years other wise he might fall behind Lebron and company. He will have to open up the pocket book and sign top free agents. Should be interesting to watch what he does.

The NBA is a horrible product and James did nothing to help that with his little publicity stunt the other night. What a joke.

I can't believe I'm saying this but...I agree with everything you just said.

Just proves a pt for me, Kobe is the best in the nba. He wins with nobody. Miami isnt gonna win nothin.

I agree that Kobe is the best but I would not call Shaq, Gasol, or Fisher nobody. Not to mention a few other role players.

I agree that Kobe is the best but I would not call Shaq, Gasol, or Fisher nobody. Not to mention a few other role players.

I would have to agree with that!! Shaq was the best player in the NBA for Kobe's first three rings. But he is the best player, so far LJ is all show, not a closer!!

We-are-all-witnesses--lebron-james-54652

Wow, lots to digest in the following days. I still can't believe how much changed in the NBA in 24 hours.

* I liked Kobe 1000% more on Friday morning. I'm hoping for a Lakers 3 Peat at the hands of the Miami Heat next summer. That is a huge swing in my book. Kobe's unlikeability and LeBron's likeability both shot way down.

* I respect the maturation LeBron has made as a player, and yes he can sign wherever he'd like because it is a business, but he should have understood that he was putting a stake in the heart of anyone that followed him in Ohio. There are a lot of people in Cleveland that worked blue collar jobs and bought tickets to those games, that worked overtime or got a part time job or put aside more money than they should have to follow a squad. You can tell people not to get invested in sports but that's part of the fun of being a true fan when they do succeed. Who would have thought he could do that to his own people?! Before Thursday night, I think people across the country thought of LeBron as a genuinely nice guy. Today? Not so much. He hasn't matured as a person and was exposed as the biggest narcissist in the world. I would venture a guess that the better part of the country would like to see him get his butt whipped for the next 5-6 years.

* Part of it just is that you could argue the guy isn't wired like Kobe or MJ. He should have wanted to win on his terms. But after choking in the playoffs, especially this year, he took the easy way out. I get it, play in a fun city, play with two of your best buddies, still make next to the league maximum...heck, I remember as a kid thinking if I were an NBA player and I was rich no matter if I was 12th man or league MVP, I would play for rings with the best players available. In a way he's doing that, but the other side of the coin is he could have done it on his terms for a city that needed him and instead he settled for the backseat.

If you want to read some good reaction, google "Bill Simmons and Welcome to the All-LeBron sound-off on ESPN"

I am kind of suprised everyone has so much hate for LeBron after he opted to go to the Heat. I only caught parts of the special, so I may have missed the stuff that everyone is crying over, but I see it like this:

#1. All he did was opt for a better opportunity. Sure, he left home and his announcement may have burned some folks... yeah he did a TV special, but it raised $$$ for a good cause and I'm sure he also writes plenty of checks for charity. If I were to take a position in Wisconsin and totally BETRAY my home state of MN, would I be a terrible person?? Not a chance, because no one would care. The reason he got a special is because the public annoints him a STAR.

#2. I actually commend the 3 for wanting to play together. If you were participating in a fishing tournament that you wanted to WIN, would you fish with 2 jokers who have never fished or the 2 best buddies/anglers you know???

#3. Kobe is a great player and you can't argue his pedigree. Shaq is a hall of famer(not to mention the best player in basketball most of his time in LA) and if Gasol plays with Kobe the rest of his career, he might be as well, so to say he's won titles without anyone is crazy.

#4. Everybody that is good at anything has an ego for it. Some don't show it outwardly, but its there. To say that the NBA guys are worse than others... I'm not sure I buy it. The league is a league of STARS and that is how it is marketed.... the reason for that is because that is what drives ratings, jersey sales, apparel, etc.... because that is what studies show the public wants.... WE ARE THE ONES DRIVING THIS...

#5. He could have done it differently, but in the end, I won't put him below Kobe.... last time I checked he hasn't been arrested for assualting any females and he is one of the most UNSELFISH stars in the game and I don't think I can stomach saying that about Kobe.

I hope they win a title or two, but after than I will start rooting for someone else because I love the underdog.... heck, maybe the Wolves will be relevant by then.

#4.

yeah i like how everyone says well he never won anything, but he is doing this so he can win, i think if he wouldnt have done the whole ESPN thing it wouold have gone better but i gotta believe some of lebrons PR people had a lot to do with the ESPN idea

Show me one person that could handle all of that money and fame at such a young age and not come out of it with such a big ego. The whole world is telling him he is great and when he agrees with them they get their underpants in a bunch. I'm not saying I like the way he handled things. But what do you expect?

Since the money from the announcement show went to charity and I didn't have to watch it it doesn't bother me. I read the show raised 6 million dollars for charity. By the shows ratings it seems to be what the people want to watch. It seems we don't get to many humble well mannered superstars these days.

listen to the people that lost out on the Lebron sweepstakes whine.....there is only one ball but there have always been 5 guys on the court and if you man up on the Heat 1 of the 3 will hurt you....any given night 1 or 2 of the 3 will put up 30+......and they won't have problems with sharing as this is something they were well aware of before committing to the Heat......Dwade will be the main scorer with James directing everything and Bosh will just rebound and cause havoc in the middle.....Game over Heat 2010-2011 champs with Haslem and Miller add Chalmers and there 3 2nd round draft picks....the team is shaping up.....and I still think Shaq is going to jump aboard!!!

So then I guess I can get those 5 to 1 odds from you Ozzie? I will take all the rest of the teams and you get the Heat to see who wins the Championship. Agreed? Now lets talk money, what price range are you? Are you a big shooter or just a little popper?

You see Pier, I knew somebody would give me those odds. Just wait a bit and I bet I can get it up to 10 to 1!

I'd be shocked to see Shaq go back to Miami. He's next in line for a huge contract, he can't get up and down, and as old as he is I think he would take a beating inside. I think the Heat will find minimum salary "beef" in the middle elsewhere.

The Haslem signing was huge. I'm sure there is some sort of payoff for Haslem, a high paying job for family or friends in the front office or some sort of wink wink nod nod deal for the future. I hope Mike Miller shoots better for the Heat than he did with the Wolves year before last.

Windy as much as I would like to take those odds I don't bet on things I can't control......well not with $$$......but I still think it will be a walk in the park for the Heat to get to the Finals!!!!!!

The thing is with injury factor Pier is say one of the big 3 go down they will still have 2 dominant players and still have a great chance of making it to the Finals.....