• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lebron James is a classless human being.

RumRiverRat

Reason #345 that the NBA is virtually unwatchable.

How narcissistic and self centered do you have to be to stick the dagger in the heart of Cleveland on Prime Time National Television?

Come on Man have some class........................

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if it was a matter of no class or not but what I don't understand is why all the reaction? All he is doing is switching jobs and looking to provide for himself and his family. None of these athletes, be it any sport, play the game for the fans, they play it for themselves. Because of the money they get paid now, the only incentive is to get as many rings as you can. Having played pro sports, albeit 30 years ago, I really don't see much of a change in athletes attitude toward the sport. The only thing that has affected the sport is the media ,and in my opinion, has ruined all sports in general. I do get a kick out of fans in general that attach themselves to these players and basically take ownership - realize that it is a one sided relationship. My 2 cents.

I think the real classless move was done by the Cavs front office. You go out and bash the guy after he literally turns that program into a contender? Giving you 7 years of his basketball life. I can understand them being upset, they just lost their best player ever. But I can not for the life of me understand why you now just hate the guy. He made a decision that he thinks suits him best. EVERYONE knew he wanted to play on a mega team(we heard all the Wade and Bosh talk for a LONG time now). Like was stated, that team is set up for failure. You have 3 mega stars on one roster and SOMEONE has to be the leading scorer. I myself am looking forward to that team imploding and going nowhere. But I don't hate the guy for making the decision he did.

And also for the fact that each of those 3 guys are taking LESS salary so the Heat can sign other players. That says something. Sure they will still make millions, but if I had that chance I would take it too. Team up with a few other superstars and see what happens? God knows that being loyal isn't something that most sport stars have. Players go to different teams...I remember Kevin Garnett leaving for the Celtics. Still like him as a player and will always respect the things he did. He wanted to actually win a ring and went where he thought he had the best chance(turns out he chose right). You can't blame a guy for wanting what every other athlete strives for....A championship.

He wants a ring, I can understand that part. The way this was planned out years in advance with their contracts all ending together is what is such a big deal. I can't remember ever seeing something like this. If getting such lucrative contracts were not enough, the players now have shifted the power even more in their favor. I suppose we'll see this prank pulled in other sports now too.

The thing I dislike is that Cleveland gets nothing in return. With KG's departure we got some players in return, not that we've done anything with them. The other thing that is strange is that this guy didn't even give one ounce of consideration to staying. He never talked with Clevelands ownership about a deal. Guess the lesson learned is deal your super stars the year before their contract is up. That's going to really get the fans excited.

The more money we pay these guys, the uglier side of human nature we see. It was pretty disgusting to watch, even for the 90 seconds that I gave it.

I think the real classless move was done by the Cavs front office. You go out and bash the guy after he literally turns that program into a contender? Giving you 7 years of his basketball life. I can understand them being upset, they just lost their best player ever. But I can not for the life of me understand why you now just hate the guy. He made a decision that he thinks suits him best. EVERYONE knew he wanted to play on a mega team(we heard all the Wade and Bosh talk for a LONG time now). Like was stated, that team is set up for failure. You have 3 mega stars on one roster and SOMEONE has to be the leading scorer. I myself am looking forward to that team imploding and going nowhere. But I don't hate the guy for making the decision he did.

We were no better here in the same regards as KG. He could have had a ring here, but they didn't build right, and neither have the Cavs. Their own fault. They should have signed Wade and Bosh, LeBron wouldn't have left then.

I think him being on ESPN was classless though, guys pretty amazed by himself, isn't he?

Well I can agree with having the whole deal on ESPN. That would probably rub it into the Cavs faces a tad worse. But I couldn't blame Garnett for wanting to go and I don't blame Lebron for wanting out either.

Reason #345 that the NBA is virtually unwatchable.

How narcissistic and self centered do you have to be to stick the dagger in the heart of Cleveland on Prime Time National Television?

Come on Man have some class........................

The Boys & Girls Clubs of America will earn more than $2.5 million (with another up-to-$1 million matched by James' sponsor Nike) from ten minutes of advertising time slipped into the telecast of the biggest free agent announcement in NBA history. Frank Sanchez, vice president of the century old organization, tells The New York Times that the money will likely go into repairing basketball courts and funding fitness programs at the nonprofit's 4,000 Clubs.

He shows more than enough class by doing this. What a great idea to make money for a great organziation.

Well, guess what- with that fat contract he just signed he coulda wrote them a check instead of looking like a pompous, arrogant jack@$$ on national tv. THAT would have said SO much more.........

I didn't see the 1 hour special...but i am very happy that he found a team that might get him a championship. The guy is good and i love to watch him single handidly win...I remember a playoff game a few years back where he scored the last 30+ points for the cavs..and that wasn't because he was selfish, he passed the ball all around trying to get other people to shoot...but they looked to him to win the game, so i think he deserves some teammates that can pull their own weight.

Well, guess what- with that fat contract he just signed he coulda wrote them a check instead of looking like a pompous, arrogant jack@$$ on national tv. THAT would have said SO much more.........

+1 ...How arrogant do you have to be to do something like this? write a check to the boys and girls club, and do what Durant did when he signed....TWEET IT!

A one hour special dedicated to the greatness of me is ridiculous!

The man has "Chosen One" tattooed across his back. Enough said. I can't wait to watch this team implode in the playoffs next year. You can't win it with 3 players.

Can't win it with 3 players? ever heard of theCeltics? Allen, Pierce and Garnett. who else played on that team? 3 stars and some role players = NBA champs

The 08 Celtics had Glen Davis, James Posey and Rajon Rondo too. My point is

Miami has four players under contract right now (including James) and VERY little cap room to sign anyone else. I just have a feeling it's not going to work. They'll be good no doubt, but I don't think they'll win it all with 3 stars and the rest at league minimums. Are the three of them going to score 30-35 pts. a piece every night?

kind of a random question here. do signing bonuses count against a teams salary cap?

im just thinking that there are more then a few guys in the league, or vets, that would love to have the chance to come play with this trio for possibly their best chance in their whole career at a ring. being that there isnt a lot of cap space for these players, any good role player they could get would probably have to take a pay cut. BUT, maybe the heat could give them a large signing bonus, to make up for the pay cut they are going to make. im not a basketball fan at all but i love learning the financials of how professional sports teams work, and just thinking about a possibility here

And like I said, all 3 of them are going to take pay cuts so the team can sign other free agents. And the Cavs owner just keeps blasting and blasting him...Does he really think that about James? This guy just wanted to sign James and wanted James to come back..Yet says that James quit games, cost them games, and basically has always been a big POS. Can you tell me why you would even want to sign a guy like that back? If you think he won't win a title in Miami(being he basically sucks as the Cavs owner has said), could he of won one in Cleveland? I do not deny the fact he could of went about this differently. That was pretty low. But its done. Crying gets you nowhere.

dan gilbert has said some pretty classless things in the past 24 hrs.

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER 'KING' WINS ONE"

"The self-declared former 'King' will be taking the 'curse' with him down south," Gilbert wrote. "And until he does 'right' by Cleveland and Ohio, James [and the town where he plays] will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma."

he personally guaranteed the cavs will win a championship before lebron does... this should be interesting to watch unfold

The Cavs owner is a little Biotch with the statements that he has put out there. Yeah Lebron could have done it differently but he did raise 2.5 million to the Boys and Girls club and I would venture to guess that he has cut them a check or two out of his own bank account. The guy might have a big ego but who wouldn't with half the world telling you you are the greatest athelete on earth!! He obviously isn't selfish as he left more than $30 million on the table to join Wade and Bosh in Miami to win championships.....and Miami will not have a problem filling out the roster with decent players.....here is Pat Rileys pitch: South Beach, 2 of the top 3 players in the league, 1 of the top 5 big men in the league, no state income tax, and did I mention South Beach? add a few pieces and you can basically write them in the Finals representing the Eastern Confrence....

oh and when the Celtics won it in 08 they did it with Glen Davis who barely made the squad out of training camp, a very wet and unproven Rondo......it's not like these guys were great they just played out of their you know what's to help the Big 3 in Boston.

Yeah, as much as I disapprove of LeBrons antics, the owner needs to shut his mouth. Like I said in an earlier post, he did nothing in the past 7 years to give LeBron help, his own fault. Get over it. Had he traded with us a few years ago for KG, added Pierce and then Shaq, they probably would have a few rings by now and he would have been very happy to stay in his hometown, but they didn't. Hometown heroes are Gods, look at us with Hrbek. Imagine LeBron staying there his whole career and running off 6-10 titles? Wow, that woulda been something, but like Hrbek- can't do it alone.