• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What is this animal?? (Trail Camera Pic)

dooittoit

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holy smokes thats my grandma looking for a midnight snack jk. but to tell you the truth I have no idea what that thing is. In the blown up pic you can see white around its muzzle but the back legs don't look like a coon.

It looks like a coon that got into a fight with a mower and lost.

I was going to say Chupacabra but after all the years of hunting coons the face is definitely a racoon. Their eyes light up like beacons in a bright light and the nose confirms it to me. The leg looks goofy but given that the tail is lopped off I'm sure whatever did that messed up the leg too.

I have seen raccoons with some pretty devastating injuries live for a few years so I bet this one hobbles a bit but gets the job done. Either way I wouldn't want to be near it without a canoe paddle for defense.

It looks like a chupacabra that got into a fight with a mower and lost.

I was going to say coon but after all the years of hunting chupacabra the face is definitely a chupacabra. Their eyes light up like beacons in a bright light and the nose confirms it to me. The leg looks goofy but given that the tail is lopped off I'm sure whatever did that messed up the leg too.

I have seen chupacabras with some pretty devastating injuries live for a few years so I bet this one hobbles a bit but gets the job done. Either way I wouldn't want to be near it without a canoe paddle for defense. smilegrinlaugh

The white on the muzzle of a bobcat will show up a lot more in bright light at night...that, and the fur color pattern, etc., I say bobcat.

#1 is shot back further in lower light, but I don't think it's a stretch to pick out similarities... #2 is caught unaware and is not defensive, while #1 is hunched up and alert, etc.

DSC_0048.jpg

vs

bobcat.jpg

I'm going with Raccoon. That black nose, white muzzle and arched back seem pretty convincing.

I just emailed a wildlife control guy, we'll see what he has to say...

To me it is obviously a raccoon. Its tail is just swept onto the other side of its body. It looks nothing like a freaking bobcat.

what i want to know is where are the other pictures, you have 3 pictures at 3 different time, you show it going away the last 2 nights, your camera had to pick up other pictures as it came in before it turned away, where are these?

what i want to know is where are the other pictures, you have 3 pictures at 3 different time, you show it going away the last 2 nights, your camera had to pick up other pictures as it came in before it turned away, where are these?

Could have came in from behind the camera.

Here is what I received back from the wildlife control guy:

"Looks like a raccoon that lost its tail to me."

It looks like a coon that got into a fight with a mower and lost.

I was going to say Chupacabra but after all the years of hunting coons the face is definitely a racoon. Their eyes light up like beacons in a bright light and the nose confirms it to me. The leg looks goofy but given that the tail is lopped off I'm sure whatever did that messed up the leg too.

I have seen raccoons with some pretty devastating injuries live for a few years so I bet this one hobbles a bit but gets the job done. Either way I wouldn't want to be near it without a canoe paddle for defense.

I'm going with this, it was also my first thought and I'm sticking with it.

It's a coon that's been injured by something...car,mower, even a cougar. wink

Hence the missing tail and weird body stature.

The spotted fur condition is probably due to the trauma and stress it's had to live thru after "the incident".