• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Peterson fumbles.. AGAIN

Big A

Originally Posted By: LMITOUT
So THAT'S why the Vikes lost!

I'm sure it had nothing to do with the Bears kicking seven different kinds of dog carp out of them tonight.

Unbelievable.... rolleyes.gif

If they kicked the carp out of us, it would have ended 33-0. They beat us one half, and we beat them the other half.

The fact that they missed a field goal for the win had nothing to do with peterson fumbling. If we would have made our extra point it would never have made it to that point to begin with.

Peterson fumbling may have been the straw that broke the camels back, but it certainly wasn't the entire cause. If our defense could cover and tackle, and our line could block it would have never gotten to that point. Dont even get me started on Chilly's play calling. It seemed when Brett took over that duty in the 2nd half it got a lot better. grin

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't blame the loss entirely on Peterson. Horrible offensive line + worse special teams + no pass defense = the same old vikings we've known and loved. I assume you know how our season will end, we will get beat by......the packers mad This GD team does it to us every year..... choke like a dog on a chicken bone..... it's time to ice fish, DVR the game so you don't have to watch when they lose .......

You can't blame the loss entirely on Peterson. Horrible offensive line + worse special teams + no pass defense = the same old vikings we've known and loved. I assume you know how our season will end, we will get beat by......the packers mad This GD team does it to us every year..... choke like a dog on a chicken bone..... it's time to ice fish, DVR the game so you don't have to watch when they lose .......
Harsh but true.

I don't think that the Peterson fumble cost us the game, did it contribute to it, you bet your arse it did. To me, if the game is on the line, put him on the bench and let Chester do what he does best......catch the ball out of the backfield. Isn't that why we still have Chester on the team? I blame this loss on two things........The coaching staff and the offensive line. First half the line couldn't block a sloth as it went by them. THen the come out and play well, comes to overtime and they revert right back to sucking arse. Could the coaches see that neither one of our tackles can stop a pass rusher? Perhaps they should watch the film of how Williams completely shut down the great Jared Allen. That's how you block!!!

Childress once again proved that he is a COMPLETE MORON!!! Even the announcers said the only reason he got his extenstion was because of Favre. I think Chilly is the only person in the world that believes he got it because of his coaching. Don't know how many of you watched the post game press conference, but Childress basically blamed the terrible KO coverage on Longwell not kicking the ball deep enough and not getting enough hangtime on the kicks. Makes it too hard for our guys to cover it. When asked if he thought the offensive line needed more help/work, he said he can't blame them for not being able to pass protect or run block. Then two sentences later, he said "everything begins up front, and we didn't play well there" or something close to that. WHICH IS IT BRAD? Favre basically showed the world that he sucks as a coach on the goal line when Favre got pi$$ed at Childress for sending in a big goalline package when he wanted to stay spread out. Next play is a 1 yard loss.....they spread it out the next play and Peterson walks into the end zone! Chilly was asked about that in the press conference, and surprise surprise.....he couldn't remember what the reporters were talking about. Give him a nice severence package and hire a real coach.

I still take AP over anyone right now. Yes, ANYONE.

He literally punishes tacklers with his power. So he coughs one up avery now and then. Like stated earlier, at a much lesser pace then the greatest backs of all time.

Nobody has mentioned that he wouldn't even had the chance to "lose the game" if not for his great running in the second half, oh yeah he was catching passes too wink

Lot of haters here.

Don't know if there are "haters" as much as there are realists. Would we have lost the Steelers game had he held onto the ball? How about the nice highlight reels footage for the Packers as they took the ball from him and ran for a score......point being, that when the game is on the line, his track record aint the best!

Ratio of highlights of him breaking open for a huge gain and or running people over and him getting the ball punched out are 10/1 (probably more)

That's another thing. This guy isn't dropping the ball, he has guys literally throwing haymakers at him in hopes of knocking the ball out.

Either that or darn near yanking his head off by grabbing his face mask smirk

If the Yikes decided to play ball in the first half we wouldn't be sitting here pointing fingers at anyone.

How this team can show up and play like a bad high school team

in the first half is beyond me.

ole

Im not the one comparing him to the greats you and others are so why should I explain what you want to understand. All I'm saying is I would rather have a dependable back like Smith who can give us 1200 to 1600 yrds, with out costing a game at a critical point in the season, over the likes of a Peterson type running back.

And............Just to illustrate how prolific AP has been so far in his career, This is how he stacks up so far with the 3 most prolific rushers in NFL history after 3 years in the league.

Emmit Smith

4213 yds

41 TDs

Walter Payton

3921 yds

34 TDs

Barry Sanders

4323 yds

43 TDs

Adrian Peterson

4430 yds

39 TDs

Looks like pretty elite company to me, and this season isn't even over yet!