• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Peterson fumbles.. AGAIN

Big A

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to hear their reason cause if i was a coach i certainly wouldn't want him fumbling the ball 8-10 times a season! I have no problem with him holding the ball away from his body if he is in the open and givin her hell.....but when a defender is coming close it should be pretty obvious that you would protect the ball wouldn't ya???

I can recall one time, against the lions, when he was in the wide open and had the ball away from his body and got it stripped. Every other fumble is when he has 2 people draped on him. Now how many times has he threw away the 2 people that were draped on him and took it downfield for big yardage. Tell him to stop fighting for the extra yardage and you also lose a big percentage of his big plays.

NO........I am saying that he was probably taught these things but doesn't stick it in his head to do it when he is carrying the ball!! You can tell when he fumbles that it is eating him alive by the expressions on his face, it probably a mental thing more than anything!!

I believe i mentioned that and you shot it down as no way, its mechanical.

Maybe he is afraid of tucking the ball in and protecting the ball. Maybe he thnks he will keep making left turns if he does. Its a no brainer COVER THE BALL in conjested areas. The way he is going now he will be rememered as the guy that could have been great.

The guy seems to be a great guy and all but the luv fest aint doing him no favors. I would take Robert Smith over AP right now.

I've never seen Roberts Smith do this.

HAHA.......just never give up do ya!! The first clip big dave showed was awesome! He had the ball in his LEFT HAND, like he should, and used his off hand to throw off a defender! It doesn't get any better than that!! He should cover up with two hands though if he has 2 or 3 guys draped on him, i would much rather us keep the ball than have the opposition cause a fumble, recover it, and take it for a td or just lose us that possession!! Pretty common sense, u should know this james, you are the almighty NFL know it all!! wink

HAHA.......just never give up do ya!! The first clip big dave showed was awesome! He had the ball in his LEFT HAND, like he should, and used his off hand to throw off a defender! It doesn't get any better than that!! He should cover up with two hands though if he has 2 or 3 guys draped on him, i would much rather us keep the ball than have the opposition cause a fumble, recover it, and take it for a td or just lose us that possession!! Pretty common sense, u should know this james, you are the almighty NFL know it all!! wink

Its very simple, i don't think you cure the problem without taking away alot of what makes him great. If you could, i believe in his 3rd year in the leauge the coaches would have addressed it. But you seem to know more than the OK and vikings coaching staffs yet call me the NFL know it all LOL, good stuff.

I do believe the reason he has 3 guys draped on him is because he is fighting for extra yardage and it takes 3 guys to get him down. I guess maybe you should suggest the guy just go down easier. Then maybe he could more like your average NFL back. No one complains when he breaks out of those jams and makes a 2 yard gain an 8 yard gain and a first down

All-Time Great Running Backs Fumbles - First Three Seasons

Jim Brown - 14 (36 gms)

OJ Simpson - 17 (35 gms)

Emmitt Smith - 19 (47 gms)

Walter Payton - 30 (35 gms)

Eric Dickerson - 37 (44 gms)

Tony Dorsett - 28 (44 gms)

Franco Harris - 24 (38 gms)

Marcus Allen - 27 (41 gms)

ADRIAN PETERSON - 19 (41 gms)

Yeah, you guys are right. He'll never be any good! grin

I do believe the reason he has 3 guys draped on him is because he is fighting for extra yardage and it takes 3 guys to get him down. I guess maybe you should suggest the guy just go down easier. Then maybe he could more like your average NFL back. No one complains when he breaks out of those jams and makes a 2 yard gain an 8 yard gain and a first down

I believe the same thing......he should fight for more yards, but PROTECT THE FOOTBALL!!!

Jim Brown - 14 (36 gms)

OJ Simpson - 17 (35 gms)

Looks like a bunch of guys in which you need 3 defenders to get them on the ground. I guess they should have all just went down easier and not fought so hard.

Jim Brown - 14 (36 gms)

OJ Simpson - 17 (35 gms)

Great......big deal......think of how much better he would look compared to them if he had half the fumbles!!

Originally Posted By: Big Dave2

Jim Brown - 14 (36 gms)

OJ Simpson - 17 (35 gms)

Looks like a bunch of guys in which you need 3 defenders to get them on the ground. I guess they should have all just went down easier and not fought so hard.

That would be pretty dumb to do......you two are taking this wayyyyyy out of context!!

Its a list of the most physical, punishing runners you will find. You think its coincidence they all were fumblers???? If it takes 3 guys to get you down your going to fumble more than the average back. Unfortunately you fumble, but the style is what makes them great as well. This isnt rocket science.