• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tarvaris Jackson

OIF_Veteran_21B

What is wrong with the Vikings? They got a Pro-Bowl caliber QB in Tarvaris Jackson just sitting on the bench.

Very few QB's in the NFL can match Jackson's production against St. Louis Rams. In the game he torched a tough NFL defense, on the road even, with a 118.8 passer rating, and didn't have a single incomplete pass.

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

grinlaughcryconfused

Propostorus Statement #1

Quote:
What is wrong with the Vikings? They got a Pro-Bowl caliber QB in Tarvaris Jackson

Propostorus Statement #2

Quote:
Very few QB's in the NFL can match Jackson's production

Propostorus Statement #3

Quote:
Against St. Louis Rams he torched a tough NFL defense

Pro Bowl caliber??????????????????????????????

OMG, funniest thing I have heard in a month. Thats a good one there!! smile

BUT- he also mentions the "tough defense" of the 0-5 Rams, second funniest thing I have heard in 3 months!!!!!!

Here is a guy that is fishing for sure!!! HIs production was better than sages in that game!! The guy comes in and plays good when he is in and still gets bashed......maybe instead you should be serious and say that the guy came in and ran the offense for the vikes when he was called upon!

For goodness sakes, he is our BACKUP!!!

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA THIS THREAD IS AN INSTANT CLASSIC!
I AGREE - FOR YOU PACKER AND BEAR FANS laugh

Don't you guys suppose the Vikings will be obligated to put the Franchise Tag on good ol' Tarvaris Jackson?

Look at all the QB's have come and gone while Tarvaris remains with the Vikings. Obviously they're keeping him around for reasons other than being a backup and servicing fishin58.

T. Jack Is terrible how many times did you hear rookie mistake last year. what is this now his fourth year in the league and he still makes rookie mistakes. vikes ahould save money and git rid of him IMO

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

T. Jack Is terrible how many times did you hear rookie mistake last year. what is this now his fourth year in the league and he still makes rookie mistakes. vikes ahould save money and git rid of him IMO
Didn't hear rookie mistake very often when he started the last 1/3 of th season last year. Because he was playing lights out to get us in the play-offs. Too bad that play-off game was a real choker for him.

Agreed though we did't need a developmental QB to start this season and Favre is th ticket.

One thing I've never understood from all these comments on TJack is...who from the Viking's organization has ever labeled him a developmental QBack? I've never heard it come from Winter Park once. Never. If I remember right, we traded up in the 2nd round to take this guy. That's not a developmental draft pick...that needs to be an impact player. Romo, and undrafted free-agent, is the poster boy for developmental q-backs.

For those of you STILL calling him a developmental q-back...you have admitted he has a very slim chance at making it to the next level just as 90% of all the other developmental q-backs entering the NFL.

The man that drafted him WHEN he drafted him called him that. His exact word for him was he's a PROJECT. It's possible to draft a guy relatively high that is not ready yet. The NBA is a prime example of that when high school kids were allowed to enter the draft and they'd be lottery picks. Teams draft players relatively high all the time that they expect to be an impact player, knowing it may not be a few years until that happens. The draft - from the first player taken to the last - is nothing more than taking a chance on guys that may or may not develop.

Aaron

For what it's worth, I did a quick Google search for draft day comments on Jackson. This is the first one I came across. No quotes from any one with the Vikings. But this gives a good overview of how he was looked at out of college. Looks like there's a common theme as outlined in bold.

TARVARIS JACKSON, QUARTERBACK, ALABAMA STATE

The TOA must have got sick of the draft too. They traded both of their third round picks to Pittsburgh for their second round pick (the last pick in the second round). With pick #64 the Minnesota Vikings selected Tarvaris Jackson, quarterback from Alabama State.

Here is the scouting report on Tarvaris Jackson. Jackson is a very intriguing prospect who has enough size, a strong arm and the ability to be an accurate passer, but needs to throw with better technique more consistently in order to develop. He is definitely somewhat raw and will not be able to be as consistently productive in the pros as he was in college until he becomes much more consistent using good footwork. He sees the entire field well, goes through his progressions and can still pick up for making small errors. He deals with deep safeties very well -- he looks them off and does a good job of going back to them at the last minute to make strong and accuracy throws. Teams will be cautious to draft him because, until his footwork and throwing motion improve, he is going to have trouble becoming a consistent passer in the NFL. He would be a great pick towards the end of the draft and will need to spend a few seasons developing before he is ready to legitimately compete for a starting job.

This seems like another reach. I don’t know why we traded both third round picks to get a Division II quarterback that wasn’t highly rated by many. Hopefully Childress and the boys know what they are doing. The good news is, Jaws loves him. He was saying on ESPN2 that Jackson has a gun and he thinks that Jackson is a nice prospect.

Assuming this is it for Day One, we picked up a starting linebacker in Greenway, a nickel back in Griffin, offensive line depth in Cook and the quarterback of the future (I hope) in Jackson. I guess I can live with this. Let’s hope these boys can play!

Another analysis of Jackson on draft day......

Round 2/64 — Tarvaris Jackson, QB, 6-1, 232, Alabama State

Jackson took himself a bit off the radar when he decided to transfer from Arkansas to Alabama State after the 2002 season because of a lack of playing time. However, he played well enough at Alabama State that NFL teams were forced to take notice (29 touchdowns, five interceptions last season). The Vikings thought enough of him that they dealt their two third-round picks to Pittsburgh to trade into the second round to grab him. The team admits he is a project but expects him to develop into their quarterback of the future.