• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Let's see your boat

Chris Haley

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gregg52,

I have it loaded pretty well with "stuff." laugh With 2 guys, all the gear, half tank of gas, ideal conditions, 23 pitch yamaha prop at wot.......... 47, 48, maybe 50 tops. I also have another prop (17 pitch i think) wot I can only get about 44, 45, but holeshot is MUCH improved. I usually use the 17 if I plan on having 4 guys in the boat or for watersports.

Matt

I have a 196? Delphi 12' aluminum boat with a 7.5 hp mercury on it. Nothing to brag about but it gets the job done. This pic is from 1977 with my dad and brother in the front. I wasn't even born yet and she still floats, a tree fell on it 2 yrs ago and still not a problem. Hopefully be putting it in the water very soon.

scan0106.jpg

As stated earlier about bailing water out of the boat I wish we still had. Here it is. A 196? Cadillac Boat. Man I miss that boat.

scan0088.jpg

Thanks Sandmann!!! laugh

This will be year #2 with it and so far I could not be happier!!!!! I had to get rid of the walleye boat cry so the wife could have a fish/ski boat and this was a great compromise. The way I have it set up actually looks more like a tournament walleye boat than anything else smile

Matt

Tonka,

Which is "better" in your opinion? Never owned either brand, but have always been a fan of both.

I'll let you know at the end of the season! lol. No, I have fished out of both and like them both... I will say that they both have their perks.

Originally Posted By: prov1900
Tonka,

Which is "better" in your opinion? Never owned either brand, but have always been a fan of both.

I'll let you know at the end of the season! lol. No, I have fished out of both and like them both... I will say that they both have their perks.

Thanks Tonka,

I typed that then thought...oh oh, I just started a Ford/Chevy/Vex/Marcum/my dad/your dad debate. Good luck this season!!

Wells here is mine, nothing fancy but it gets the job done.

17 1/2 1998 Stratos. It's underpowered with only a 90 horse Johnson, but for the price at the time it was the best boat to get. But now with 3 kids, I will have to get a new boat when the youngest is old enough to get out.

Pana0227-1-1.jpg