• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Soft water season now closed

machohorn

Well I took the boat out one last time Sunday and then winterized it, with hunting season and a new pup I have to spend some time with him hunting, then comes deer hunting, right after that I am getting ready for the ice season. There are only so many weekends left b4 snow so I also have to get ready for that. Am I the only one?

I don't personally own a boat, any boat fishing that I do is usually with a specific buddy, but his boat is never winterized, as we will be occasionally caught chasing walleye and sauger in January, and last year we went cat fishing in extreme late November, breaking ice on the way to our spot, which luckily wasn't iced in yet, but we had ice forming around us while we were fishing into the evening.

I wish I had more time, I know this is the best time for fishing but realisticly, I needed to put the boat away. However I still have my duck boat I just bought ready! in case of an emergency. lol

I started getting ready for ice fishing at turnover! I just need a cold snap! please!

Lows in the lower 20's this weekend for all you boat guys. Have fun freezing your fingers off I will wait till I can be in a nice heated shack where I don't have to worry about boat control or anything! Oh I cant wait!

I hear ya! I can't wait now until icedrinking....ummm. icefishing starts. Nothing better than posting up at 3pm, cracking a cool one and waiting for once....for the fish to find you! It also is kinda cool to watch the T-pups, Wild and if we're lucky....the Vikes, (assuming he11, or ice freezes over)