Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Borch

HSO/FM Turkey Quest Submission Thread

HSO Forum Member Turkey Quest Submission Form

Turkey Contest 2018

Complete this form with your turkey’s measurements. Include photos of your turkey’s spurs and beard with a ruler or tape measure. Include in one of the photos your turkeys filled out tag or slip of paper with the date of the harvest. The turkey’s weight must be witnessed and signed by you and the witness below on this form.

Forum Member:_______________________________          Date:_____________

Team Name: _________________________________

Youth Hunter(17 or younger):Yes _______ No ________

Turkey Subspecies: _____________________

State/Province Bird was Harvested In: ____________________

Turkey’s Stats

Beard Length ____________inches

Spur Length ® _________inches (L)_________inches

Weight ___________ pounds

I certify that the measurements listed above are accurate to the best of my ability.

Forum Member: ______________________________________                       Date:_________

Witness:________________________________________________                      Date: ________

Story goes like this.

1. Uncle from St Cloud arrives Boise 10 pm Thursday night 4/12.

2. Drive to Orofino Friday to hunt private property I've hunted since 1990 and scout some.

3. Deploy blind Saturday and scout (re-confirm bird presence) some more.

4. Arrive parking spot in fairly hard rain at 0430.

5. First gobble on roost at 0530.

6. 0550 flydown, Hens jakes and longbeards responding but not interested in my game......yet.

7. Very vocal birds for 45 minutes.

8. Silence for 1 hour

9. Distant gooble heard and responds to me at 0800

9a. Rain stops.

10. 0820 Gobbles getting closer, sounds like 3-5 birds.

11. Nuther gobble from different vector is heard. 

12. Several longbeards now visible at 150 yards responding to everything I throw at them.

13. Gobble at ~60 yards from gobbler from different vector.

14. Mayhem, cacophony, loudmouths.

15. Single gobbler appears and is walking right into a bad spot for him.

16. He dies at 0900 at 25 yards by my uncles shot.

17. I attempt to hold and call back other toms but they won't have it.

18. 1500 Decide to pull up and move blind 1/4 mile.

19. Set up by 1545.

20. 1600 Make one series of calls.................sit down.

21. 1605 Peek out the slot of my turkey silo blind and see nice silent longbeard walking to decoys 15 yards distant.

22. Mayhem

23. Poke uncle Don and look in direct he came from to see another very alert longbeard that slips out of sight.

24. Said long beard meets his waterloo by my shot at 1610 and can't call the alert bird back......

25. 1700 see three hens and a strutter slipping into brush at 100 yards.

26. 1715 Said strutter appears silent but strutting in all his glory at 35 yds.

27. Don smokes this one as well!  This is the first year we can harvest 2 bearded turkeys in the same day and Don is very likely one of the first Non-Residents to do so legally.

28. Radar shows big rain coming.

29. Let's pack up before we get drenched again.

30. Monday was a total washout, rain, rain, rain and snow.  We didn't hunt but did a farm/crop tour of my son in laws operation in Lewiston.

31. Radar/forecast indicated nothing but moisture for Tuesday. So We Drove Home to Boise.

32. Don flew home this morning.

All in all we had a tremendous trip seeing loads of game and visiting with landowners.

Turkey 2018.jpg

IMG_0612.JPG

IMG_0618.JPG

IMG_0622.JPG

IMG_0619.JPG

IMG_0623.JPG

IMG_0615.JPG