• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pet Peeves While Shopping

WOW! That's a heck of a story RH!  I do think if stores put up a sign that said: "Meat cutters handle all shoplifters" there would be a lot less shoplifting:lol:

Living in a small town is great but it has its disadvantages when it comes to shopping.  Pretty hard NOT to run into someone you know at the store.  Sunday morning after church is the WORST!!!  I have no problem making small talk with a friend but I make it a point to do it at the end of the aisle with the carts off to the side.  But when half the town's in the store, you get "old Edna" and "Aunt Beatrice" yapping it up in the middle of the aisle - in just about every aisle! Once cart pointing north, one cart pointing south - dead-stopped in the middle talking about the next bridge club get-together.  Normally you just need one thing in that aisle and they're always parked right in-front of it.  All you can do is wait it out and smile as they finally part ways and slowly move on, hunched over their cart.

The older folks get a pass with me, but when the younger ones do it, we may trade a little paint on the carts.

8 minutes ago, bobberineyes said:

I'm with LL, I stay away unless I need a handful of things . This whole thread is the reason cub stores added a liquor store when one exits..:D

If we lived in a rational state, the beer and liquor and wine would just be another aisle in the grocery store. 

This is a great thread btw.

Here's another one.  At the gas station when you get behind the guy that takes the lottery a little too serious.  Usually they are buying the scratch offs and know all the games names.  Clerk has no clue what he's looking for and the guy has a lottery billfold that he keeps all the tickets in.  Likes to chat up others in the line building up behind him, usually about lottery wins of yesteryear.  

Along with that, getting behind the regular who after buying the scratch off tickets proceeds to scratch them off while your gas station burrito is getting cold. Haven't you suffered enough anticipating what's going to happen to your intestinal tract later?  

3 hours ago, Grumpster said:

The purposeful design of grocery stores and convenience stores to make you walk through more isles or past certain products.  That's why the milk and eggs are all the way in the back of the store.  They hinge the refrigeration units, which are in the back, to send you in a certain direction to get back to the check out.  If it's  hinged on the left, they find that customers generally go left when they close the door.  I go right out of spite.       

Your mind would explode if you saw all the things that Target does to influence your shopping patterns and to keep you in the store buying product.  I did a short contract job for Target Corp in the main HQ and I saw some pretty sophisticated technology devoted solely to keeping people in the store and influencing their mood to buy.

On 1/26/2016 at 7:24 PM, RebelSS said:

"be nice so I just offer them my onion when possible. "  Whoops, meant my opinion. Not giving my onions away. :lol:

I just figured you chucked an onion at them.....

at the mall with one of my kids.  Fast paced goofy music that's too loud in the clothing stores.  It even makes me want to grab stuff off of the shelf and buy it.  I think it works.

There ain't no music at Fleet Farm!!!

The music in some of the mall stores has only one effect on me, it makes me walk in the opposite direction.  If I'm out shopping and the wife wants to go into any of the stores with loud obnoxious music or intense perfume smells I just sit outside and wait, I can't handle it.  

When I was a kid and shopping with my parents my dad did the same thing when my mom wanted to go into stores he didn't like. He'd take me and we'd go sit in what he called "The Dork Chairs".  These are the chairs that are either in the womens clothing stores or just outside the womens stores.  They are called "Dork Chairs" because guys go sit in them and look like dorks while the women do all the shopping.  I'm sure everyone of you has spent some time in one of these Dork Chairs over the years. 

18 minutes ago, leechlake said:

at the mall with one of my kids.  Fast paced goofy music that's too loud in the clothing stores.  It even makes me want to grab stuff off of the shelf and buy it.  I think it works.

There ain't no music at Fleet Farm!!!

NOT TRUE.....it's country......I hate country music.