• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

coombia21

lets see your ice rides

SF-will those tracks go thru virtually everything? reason i ask is, I've got an Polaris 800X2 w/chains and have gotten pretty stuck in slush this year and am debating about laying down the coin for tracks. are they worth what is needed to get them? thanks.

They will go thru quite a bit, however I have gotten stuck but it was caused by driver error getting high centered climbing over a steep snow pile. With deeper snow you need to run in low gear.

I think they would be a nice improvment to your X2, we have considered an 800 Touring as I think it would be nice in the winter. Some models of tracks are different. I have the Polaris Prospector Pros which keep the machine close to stock height, I know the Mattracks will lift the machine a few (4-6) inches.

I have used it in some slushy conditions without getting stuck. However one concern is snow and Ice build up after several days on the lake. A heated garage is a must after each use as they pack a lot of snow and will clog the radiator fan and other parts up.

I'll try to answer everyone's questions with this post, but will probably miss something.

While not hovering, the hovercraft spends it's time on a specially made flat bad trailer with a dove tail. Just park in the lot, and unload right there and fly down the access to the lake.

The one pictured would do 60 mph on water, 70 on ice. I guess you could say it ran well grin

I am the guy that built the ice house like trailer for my current hovercraft. It's sweeeeet!

Thanks for the comments, guys! It's my own design smile

JoeTC,

Given how similar our rigs are and our locations, I am surprised we have not run into each other. My rig:

3221341196_836db0c2d6.jpg

I use the Z or the Grand Touring in the background when the snow get's deep.

Hey WingDing2 I like your line at the bottom of your post. Is that a thread? Well this is way off topic but my brother is having marital problems so I just texted it to him... smile

I'll try to answer everyone's questions with this post, but will probably miss something.

While not hovering, the hovercraft spends it's time on a specially made flat bad trailer with a dove tail. Just park in the lot, and unload right there and fly down the access to the lake.

The one pictured would do 60 mph on water, 70 on ice. I guess you could say it ran well grin

I am the guy that built the ice house like trailer for my current hovercraft. It's sweeeeet!

Thanks for the comments, guys! It's my own design smile

That is a sweet ride for sure Hoverman. Be cool to see it out on the lake sometime.

Seems like there are a lot of pix's with single sleds and portys on this post. It would be kind of neat to try and round up as many guys we could to go on a run somewhere, like Mill Lacs or?? Lots of wheelers also, but not sure with the snow the way it is if they could get way out in the middle of it? Anyone up for a mess run out in the middle of Mill Lacs or where ever? Leech~~

I can get you to the middle of Mill Lacs no problem and pull my wheel house at the same time. coombia21 I'm sorry for high jacking your other post.82210_0013.jpgvplow.jpgSnowplowing.jpg

15-20 mph in low on the hardpack snow, 25-30 in high on the gravel road. It won't pull high(at least not for long) on the hardpack snow dragging the sled, too much belt slip.

It handles just fine, I think its short on horsepower, since you can always use more. I'm working on getting a clutch kit, hopefully that will take care of the belt slip issue.

great jeep. Will go anywhere in minnesota with that thing. Told my buddy his would be unstoppable with a v-plow. Nice custom build plow.

dude the ranger is sweet. im guessing ur a farmer by ur profile pic? prolly spend the whole winter on the lake. wish i was one