• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bass Photos

bassNspear

After being away from Peter's Resort for a year and a half, my family and I returned there for another family reunion on June 14. Excited that I would finally be able to put all of my newfound angling skills to the test, I armed myself with my medium Ugly Stik pole with a Shimano Sienna 2500FD reel, complete with 10 lb. mono line. Armed to the teeth, I went out to a dock across from our lodge, and cast out a firetiger Northland Mimic Minnow out to a weedline about 100 yards out. I felt a big tug on the retrieve, and after wrestling with the fish for over a minute, I brought in the one big Minnewaska largemouth bass I've been waiting to catch and properly measure all this time. At 15 and a quarter inches and 5 pounds, he may truly be the biggest largemouth I've ever caught thus far. Overjoyed, I took this nice picture and released him back to his awaiting school. Now I'm finally satisfied I've finally got the one big largemouth from Lake Minnewaska I've been meaning to tangle with. I had an awesome time up there, and can't wait for a possible return there. The second photo features a bass that I can't figure out if it is a meanmouth bass, which is the lovechild of a smallie and a largie, or a juvenile largemouth or regular smallmouth. Any identification help will be greatly appreciated.

DSCN0089_zps2d0a6fe3.jpg

DSCN0093_zps195b6987.jpg

Finally got a few that were photo worthy tonight. Caught most of our fish on wacky rigged senkos and on a white grub with a black jig head. It was an absolutely

gorgeous night to be out on the lake and everyone around us was catching fish too. We boated about 30 fish in 4 hours with most of the fish in the 14-16" range.

A half dozen or so were 17" or better with an 18.75 and 19" being the two biggest. This is what we wait for all year fellas, get out and enjoy it!

19" and 4 1/2 pounds. I thought she would go 5, she was a mule!

John_Bass1_zps01fe3d9f.jpg

John_Bass2_zpsa1ecd5cb.jpg

Justin_Bass1_zps8400549a.jpg

Finally got my wife out out fishing for a couple hours Sunday. She outfished me as usual!

Here's her first Bass of the year. No giants, but still some nice fish. One was caught

on a red eye shad and the other hit a grass pig.

full-39012-34754-bass1630.jpg

full-39012-34755-bass2630(450x600).jpg

I knew where the bass was because he slapped at my frog before. So I picked up my camera and aimed it at the spot where I thought he would be and slowly twitched the frog across the surface. When the fish hit, I shot on continuous, that was the cream of the crop.

I caught this sweetie at a metro lake that he should not have even been in. I know I don't have the numbers in the picture, but using my mini portable tape it read 22 inches and after that he just would not sit still. She was a beast and I caught her in about 2 feet of water from the shore with this KVD Leapard Color. I had someone take the pictures and that was that. Enjoy!!!

I knew that I was near the state record, but knowing its 8.5ish, I would have been 1 - 1.5 lbs short. The girth was holding it back if I were to give a reason.

IMG_20130610_132215_101_zps856a7e7c.jpg

IMG_20130610_132205_866_zps5eea7570.jpg

IMG_20130610_132116_680_zps14138903.jpg

IMG_20130610_132110_359_zpsd38be520.jpg