• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

PACK vs VIKES

Badger

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like he won't be sniffing anything.

34-13 Packers....

Allen gets bad news

If Jared Allen does indeed have a third-degree sprain of the AC joint in his right shoulder, it’s extremely unlikely the Pro Bowl defensive end will be able to play this Sunday against the Green Bay Packers.

Allen said today he was told the sprain was a “three or something,” meaning it’s the most serious sprain and could indicate a torn ligament. Such an injury often keeps players out for two to four weeks. Allen said that as of right now he thinks he’s listed as “out” for the game but added it’s very early in the process. “We’ll see how it plays out later on,” said Allen, who was not wearing any type of harness on the shoulder. This is the first time Allen said he has suffered a shoulder injury like this in his career.

heard they same [PoorWordUsage] the last time they played, Allen this Alenn that and he didn't even get a sniff of Rogers!

Packers 17 Vikings 16

that might have had to do with chad cliftons 2 different holding calls. especially since they both took place within a foot of rodgers

this game is going to be high scoring. so far the scores seem low. minnesota has an improved passing attack, and green bay is 27th against the run.

MN will give up a lot of pass yards, but GB has no run game.

i think its a 3-7 pt game and ends something like 31-28

this game is going to be high scoring. so far the scores seem low. minnesota has an improved passing attack, and green bay is 27th against the run.

MN will give up a lot of pass yards, but GB has no run game.

i think its a 3-7 pt game and ends something like 31-28

You're right...MN will give up a lot of pass yards and points! wink As far as no run game???? Grant ran for 92 against the purple the first time, and the last 3 games rushed for 90, 105 & 86. Can Chilly get his first win against the Pack or go 0-6 against McCarthy??

Jared Allen did not practice for a second consecutive day Thursday because of a shoulder injury. It appears to be a long shot that the Vikings defensive end will play against Green Bay on Sunday.

"I don't know," Allen said when asked if he was optimistic. "To be honest, I've got two more days. I'm not really thinking about it. I want to hopefully see how it plays out.

"If it was my decision, I think you guys know what my decision would be. But coach has to do what's right for the team and [head athletic trainer Eric Sugarman] has to do what's right for my body."

Allen suffered a third-degree sprain, or separation, of the AC joint in his right shoulder against Houston when he was hit by guard Chester Pitts. The injury often sidelines players for a few weeks.

Coach Brad Childress said the team would see if Allen could do "some things" in practice today.

The Vikings must declare Allen as either out, doubtful, questionable or probable on their injury report today.

"Anything moving along from the training room would be progress," Childress said. "So, we'll see. I don't have a good barometer. Not having spent a full year with him, I'd like to think I know, but I just have to see with my own eyes. Sometimes you have to protect people from themselves," he said.

Defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier said if Allen can't play, Brian Robison would start.

Another look

Houston coach Gary Kubiak said on his radio show that he sent three plays from Sunday's game against the Vikings to the NFL for review because he objected to the hits. The Houston Chronicle reported all three involved Allen.

Two were hits on quarterback Matt Schaub that Kubiak considered to be low, including one on which Schaub suffered a knee injury that could sideline him for a month. Kubiak also felt Allen made a horse-collar tackle on QB Sage Rosenfels.

The NFL should announce today whether Allen will be fined for any of the plays in question.

Vikes are about due again to go on one of those little winning streaks to get Minnesotan's all excited before blowing it at the end of the year. So the Vikes will win this game and even up the season series with the Pack.

27 - 24 Vikes

Time to put all Quarterbacks in a protective suit with flags around their waists. Don't touch the Quarterback as he is very fragile, just grab a flag. What a joke.

G.C.

You can find both plays (there were 3 and a 4th against Rosenfels) on You Tube and it's quite clear he went for the knees on both plays and now Schaub could be out for up to 4 games with a torn medial collateral ligament. I think the $50,000 fine is pretty light.

Not really the video I'm watching obviously narrated by a Packer fan shows Allen basically stumbling, then slipping and reaching for Shaub which is his job I think. Unfortunate for Shaub and bad luck for Allen.

Maybe they should put Pink jerseys on the QB's and have then play two handed touch....

http://www.wikio.com/video/570478