• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Official Twins Road trip Game Thread.

PierBridge

It seems like since Eddie G. got here, Nathan hasn't done his job, maybe worried about Eddie taking his spot? I don't think we will see Boof on the mound next year and that wouldn't hurt my feelings any. They just can't be giving games away like that, definitely sickening and frustrating!!! Time to break out the anti acids, tums, and Malox for the upset stomach's I'm going to have watching the Twins the rest of the season!!! At least on my nights off I can indulge in the Capt'n Coke to settle my nerves!!! LOL

Brian

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Pier,

You know I was just taking advantage of the situation to give you a little of the "business". I am sure I will get it back sometime in the next month and it is all good. Just big goofs having fun on the ole computer! LOL

Nice photo again, I liked the guy clapping and that was my bad on the read of your post. I'll own up but I'm not computer savvy enough to find a witty photo! LOL

It's going to be an interesting month, fo sho!

Windy

Wow, I expected a few bad posts, but come on guys. This young team is 1 game out of first place in September, we just played the longest road trip ever and we are in the same position we were at when we started the road trip! 1 game back. Wishing players to fall and break arms, and bashing one of the best closers, and managers in the game, thats bad!

Geez, go look at Nathan's stats. Still the best in the game, hands down.

On the other hand, if the Twins keep blowing chances to score, fielding like Little Leaguers, having their bullpen implode 2 nights out of 3, & Gardenhire keeps making decisions as bright as Ned Yost, the team is going to be done in a week. You can't blame all those things on a long road trip.

The Twins have played better than their roster all season - but right now they're playing worse. Hopefully they'll right themselves permanently today...they need a win badly right now, & a blowout would be the best medicine.

Ned Yost get's a lot of unfair bashing also.

The Brew Crew could be the best team in Baseball right now with Sabithia being unbeatable!

This time of year is really tough for the teams in contention to Win, it happens every year all the pressure is on them and it's showing with teams like the Twins, Sox, Cubs and other Division leaders.

Baseball is much easier to play when relaxed!

Wow, first of all thanks Pier and 4wandering for staying on the Peter Positive side. We are like said above only 1 game out after a long road trip. We should be smiling. Now granted we have had some games that we should have won but gave away in the late innings, but that will happen. Our record after leading after 7 or 8 innings is very very good. We are having a slight let down, but compare the numbers. They still are very very good.

The rest of you that want to complain, I can see what your saying. I didn't quite understand yesterdays lineup either, and you probaly wont see it again, but it was a good time to try it.

All of you negative nellies just chill out. You can get hurt falling off that bandwagon that many times. We shall be home soon and after a couple of wins you will be back on the wagon again, and everything will be fine. This is a young team, please try to to remember this.

Also, Windy does not need any ammo, and we are giving him a boat load.

Go TWINS (Peter Positive)

Chill out and relax (negative nellies).

G.C.

It's a bit disheartening to see how many games the Twins have blown in the past month. Some of those we were leading by 5 runs or more going into the 6th inning!

The Twins have some young players, but I just don't know if a default answer of being "a young team" is applicable? We also have some veterans that I'd like to think can pick up these younger guys and help them along.

Still though, it's exciting to watch them play and I'd much rather seem them a game out fighting for the playoffs (or divisional championship) than be 20 games out and playing for next year.

Quote:
It's a bit disheartening to see how many games the Twins have blown in the past month. Some of those we were leading by 5 runs or more going into the 6th inning!

My thoughts excatly. If Twins had played better defense and not blowing large margin leads, they would be probably 5-7 games ahead in the divison!!!! Time is running out, time to start winning.

Agreed!

I was listening to the East Coast lovers ESPN go on about the Beast from the East, just saying how great the AL East was compared to the rest of the AL and they were saying that there were only 3 teams in the AL over .500 outside the AL East, I'm guessing us, the Twinks and the Angels.

Windy

Quote:
As bad as you think the Twins are, the White Sox are only 1 game better! And there are only a few teams that have a better record then the Twins.

Thats true, but what does that got to do with winning the division or the wild card? WE need to win games to make the playoffs not just to have a better record than 1/2 of the league teams and not make the playoffs. Boston is going to win the Wildcard.

Wow, I expected a few bad posts, but come on guys. This young team is 1 game out of first place in September, we just played the longest road trip ever and we are in the same position we were at when we started the road trip! 1 game back. Wishing players to fall and break arms, and bashing one of the best closers, and managers in the game, thats bad!

Nathan has blown 3 saves in 4 games. Give us a reason not to bash the best closer in baseball?

I don't get it. Breslow comes in, strikes out 1 guy, then Crain comes up and gives up a run. Reyes gets his guy out and immediately gets pulled for Korecky who throws two more runs up on the board. I guess Gardenhire doesn't want to waste his decent pitchers when his team isn't in the mood to win.

They are only 1.5 games out of first with a bunch of new guys and a young pitching staff, yeah they have some veterans, but go back and look how everyone was posting that it could be a long year and they should be pretty good when that new stadium is done.

Well they are pretty good right now. These young guys have stepped up and are now a team that wasnt supposed to be where they are at. Sox are in 1st but should be when they are paying their players almost 60 million than the Twins and the kitties are 10 games behind and paying there players 76.5 million more than the Twins.

Both of those teams have a ton more experience and (supposed) to have a ton more talent than the Twins.

Cheer on the Twins for they are playing their hearts out and making it an interesting season. When they lose be dissapointed, but dont go calling out the best manager in baseball and throwing them under the bus when they screw up once and a while.

GO TWINS!!

They are only 1.5 games out of first with a bunch of new guys and a young pitching staff, yeah they have some veterans, but go back and look how everyone was posting that it could be a long year and they should be pretty good when that new stadium is done.

Well they are pretty good right now. These young guys have stepped up and are now a team that wasnt supposed to be where they are at. Sox are in 1st but should be when they are paying their players almost 60 million than the Twins and the kitties are 10 games behind and paying there players 76.5 million more than the Twins.

Both of those teams have a ton more experience and (supposed) to have a ton more talent than the Twins.

Cheer on the Twins for they are playing their hearts out and making it an interesting season. When they lose be dissapointed, but dont go calling out the best manager in baseball and throwing them under the bus when they screw up once and a while.

GO TWINS!!

Well said fish, this team was supposed to go nowhere, but here it is Sept. and they are in the heat of it. Enjoy the ride!

Yes, it is still dissapointing when they loose, and VERY dissapointing when they loose like they have been lately. Even if they don't win another game this year I'm gonna remember how exciting it's been up to this point. They're still a young team with much future potential.

I think that what they've done with who they have, Gardy should be Manager Of The Year. I'm still gonna be there rooting for them till the last game is over.

This team has lost its way and needs a major shake. Having guys like Punto on the field every day is a clear indication that Gardy has no confidence in himself as a decision-maker or the spare players.

The fortunate thing is that the Whites aren't much better.