• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Official Twins Road trip Game Thread.

PierBridge

Well lets see, the ump farthest away from the play gets to make the call and the ump half way down the line in the outfield gets overuled. Yes it was foul and they did get it right. So right there is a good reason for instant replay, or a play like AJ pulled off.

G.C.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary,

Instant replay would have come into play with your HR controversy but not with any of AJ's antics, either this past weekend or in the 05 playoffs. Replay will be for HR calls only, no dropped 3rd strike, catchers interference, runner interference, etc. Got to love AJ, he always seems to attract the controversy.

Windy

I realize the instant replay is for Dingers only, but in other cases, the replay system could prevent things like yesterday, from basicly changing the games outcome. I guess either go all the way and have challenges available to the coaches just like football, or have no replay at all.

AJ derserves a flying drop kick off the top rope, followed by a pile driver, and then into a F. U.

I also think that the Twins will do well on this road trip, we go play seattle than oakland, we can do well against them teams. Chicago plays the orioles and than the bosox, I think by the end of this we'll be in front at least 4 games.

The only problems with replaying just the dingers is there is other calls that can be corrected by using the replay systems, that do have great impacts on games. There would be a lot less in baseball versus football.

Football is worse than baseball. This is other ways to correct the lentgh of a game. Make the commercials shorter, inbetween innings. Everyone complains about the length of the games. Figure it out from this angle. You spend lets say with parking and food and ticket. 2 people Twins game. 50.00 a couple just a figure. That breaks down to about 8.50 per hour of entertainment based on 3 hours. Compare that to other entertainment.

Just thinking out loud.

G.C.

So Gary,

How is that 9-5 road trip prediction working out for you? I see how the Twinks are lulling the competition into a false sense of security. All they have to do is manage a win tomorrow against the powerful Mariners and then manage to win 5 out of 6 against the A's and the Blue Jays....

It could happen!

Windy

The odds are aagainst me, that is for sure. These boys just have trouble on the road. Did they replace there bats with wiffle bats.The bats have gone silent, but the nice thing is there is still a lot of games left, and a loss here and there is not crucial. It hurts as you would expect a better effort and results playing the 2nd worst team.

Try Try again to pick it up. Get this win today and go forward from there. Start a little win streak of our own.

Don't give up folks. Just look who were chasing and smile, cause you know their catchable.

G.C.

Hate to be pessimistic also but when you play 24 out of 30 Games on the road and 7 of those games toward the end of the trip are against Cleveland the hottest team in baseball and Tampa the best team in baseball it doesn't look to promising!

Go Twins!

they play at 3:40pm. Pier, Tampa is 3rd best in baseball, if you are basing your response on current records. As you like to say...carry on!

No not on current record I certainly don't rate any National league team ahead of the the best team in American league and I rate Tampa ahead of the Angles base on the large discrepancies in Division Talent between the American League West and East divisions.

Carry onward!.... grin

now you are changing it up a tiny bit (carry onward). I figured you had some reason (which is a good one) to place them ahead of the teams with better records. I hope in sept that we can keep owning the royals and I really hope the bats show up more consistently. Otherwise it's time for the Wild!