• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

93X’s Tradition

NDSUski

This morning (4/9) on 93X they were talking about having a tradition for our team of throwing something on the ice. This would be much like the Redwing (octopus) and the Panthers (Rats). The real interesting part was that they suggested throwing walleyes or eelpout on the ice. After hearing this a few questions came to mind. First, what do you think of this idea? Second, are you okay with using eyes or pouts in this manner? And if you didn’t like the fish idea what else would be a good idea?

definitely wouldn't be in favor of using 'eyes. i have a feeling way too many people would be angered at this, including me. pouts, sure. even better how about bullhead, sheephead? something not so cherished on the dinner table.

I think its a cool idea. I would use the Walleye personally. NOT REAL ONES! lol, but if they made something out of plastic or a stuffed animal walleye (like a beanie baby) or something I would toss it out there!

Seeing as how I always toss bait stealing Perch back, we could use them!

I thought fans, if they can be identified were being ejected and possibly barred from the arenas for a period of time (up to a year) for throwing things on the ice during a game. The exception being hats for a "Hat trick". There's no need to throw things on the ice, it's childish...ops, forgot thats 93x's target group.

With the slots and the limits set so low how could anyone justify tossing a walleye. I have a hard enough time just bring enough home for dinner table let a lone throwing them out on the ice. How about a bucket of left over minnows??? Naaa I think that would be ground for the boot from the arena!!!! I'll just bring extra hats for the Gabby hat-trick. Or whom ever else will step up!!! I'm just pumped sitting here at work wait for this series to get underway. GO WILD!!!!!!!!!

we should throw carp!!! we have an over abundance of them and who really cares about carp.......I guess it would stink pretty bad with a couple hundred carp getting tossed on the ice!!!

I think frozen bullheads would be cool. But, what happens when someone does not throw it far enough and some fan gets impailed by the stinger? That would be bad. How about a nice sized perch. They are Big enough to see and throw but small enough not to hurt you.

Originally Posted By: MNmikew
I say we throw the 93X morning guys out there. grin.gif

Esp Moose. Wish I got paid to do what he does- repeat everything the other 2 say and agree with everything they say. Has he ever had his own opinion?

Originally Posted By: zamboni

Esp Moose. Wish I got paid to do what he does- repeat everything the other 2 say and agree with everything they say. Has he ever had his own opinion?

HAHAHA what about Goose? or Whitetail? They crack me up! haha

Lutefisk!!!! I also like the idea of drilling holes in the ice, there's gotta be some monsters in that lake! They are even marked out, just drill on one of them red spots (I think its a marking buoy that got frozen) grin.gif

Originally Posted By: LEP7MM
There's a Weasel, but no moose. grin.gif

The other two are Nick and Josh.

Yeah, sorry- Moose is on 989 The Rock! in Kansas City. Weasels the one-who-thinks-I-am-silly I am thinking of