• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Biggest Pike.....

cjac

You got it. I still think about that gator and wonder how big it really was. I never said a word to Jerry as he felt kinda bad. Oh well, just means I have to go fishing again and hope another biggun hits. Sooner or later I will land a monster.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my personal biggest is 39", 18.4 lbs. Caught it on a tipup fishing outta a lazyboy looking out the front window of my folk's house. Biggest I've seen in person, well, I didn't see the fish alive, just the mount, was 54". My old boss caught it somewhere in quetico

here is a younger me, i hate having to post this after those two bruisers but here it is.

lb2824d1a2bf8214f80fa3ddt1.jpg

l60b0ae6fcc4b5a90a7e9a0mz6.jpg

not sure on the length or wieght, we were fumbling around so much in the boat we figuered a few pics then quick release. caught on jig and pig fishin smallies possibly 30-35" (i'm 6'4 275lbs so i dwarf my fish, it sucks)

48" fish out of a marina here locally on Lake Superior.. This was about 15 years ago now.. We routinely would catch fish 40 inches or bigger and up to 45" in a season when I was in middle school and highschool. Now, we are lucky to catch 30 inch fish in the entire system throughout a season... Shows what harvest can do, to even a huge body of water..

I caught a 44.5" many years ago from a little lake close to home that grew them big for a couple years on stocked rainbow trout. Nice, thick fish...gonna guess close to 25lbs. The same lake produced a 43" fish that weighed 28lbs.

My biggest is a 34incher out of medicine lake. I have caught 3 that were also the same size out of the mississippi. Lost a northern that had to be pushing 20lbs in the boundary waters a few years back, that was a huge bummer, snapped my 15lb mono like nothing

jspics002.jpgThis is my biggest pike at 35" and a whopping 11.2 pounds! digital scale of course. It was cought in Lake Elysian this year last day of the season. had to hand land it ! Was using 4lb mono with a fishermans knot. i was just playing around with my new rod and wham !sorry bout the glare its a pic of a pic , I can't find the other memory card.

My largest ever, 24lbs, and I am guessing somewhere between 43 - 46 inches. Caught up in the BWCA. You'll notice by the picture that I was still so stunned I couldnt get my mouth closed \:\)

N24.jpg

My biggest pike came from a lake in Ottertail County. I was Texas-rigging a Yamamoto Senko for largemouth in the fall. The fish inhaled it like a bass, but didn't fight like one \:\) 15 minutes later, I had myself a beautiful 41" pike in the net. The most memorable thing about the catch, was the release. She swam away as if nothing had happened. Unforgettable.