• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice fishing 2007-2008

I'm taking the boys to catch some big perch not quantity but quality, Tuzzy, Todd and Doug know where. There's a two vehicle limit Chris sorry. Wanted to hit Canadarago tomorrow but the winds are forcing us on something a little bit better protected and if we have to get out of there quick we can be off the ice in abot 1 min... Good luck tomorrow... See ya Frank at 7 a.m.

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see everyone had a good weekend. We did awesome on Chaumont. Lots of dinks, but that kept Nick busy all day long. We ended up with a bucket of perch 9 inches and up. It’s a long drive, but an awesome place to bring kids!

Nice fish Chris... Well the large side of Morraine was terrible for getting perch over 6", no bass and around 11:30 a.m. our Chef gave us a hollar and said he was on the way to another lake and we met him there, Jimmy and LJ were there as well. Started down the last hill getting on the ice and pulled a Dark Cloud on the plastic sled but ended up falling on my keester and hook sliding it to the bottom. Fished the narrows and caught some gils and a we had a few decent ones out there. We traversed the lake with the SM Mag III plus ripping 15- 20 holes a crack, cut over 100 for the day. Anyhow we settled in around 11' of water for the night bite which started to really kick in around 4:30 and was non-stop till about 7:30 p.m. when things slowed down. Most ended with about 10-11 nice keeper crappies and about 25 nice gills. Funny how that goes I ended up getting most of my nice gills after dark??? Frank and I stayed till about 8:10 with Al and Leck before we called it a night. Stopped at the Pizza Hut on the way back for a nice Meat Lovers Pizzza, thanks Frank! Gonna miss you while your TDY and will see ya when you get back 3 March.

Ice was a solid 9-10" with a couple of 2 -3" mixed slush pockets close to where we got on the ice.

Did well with Timanti and DC Alien Ant for the gills and smacked crappies with a pink/glow willow and glow gill pill with a dark pink buggi/one spike for the finicky crappie late. A day that didn't start out promising finished strong by switching lakes. Want to thank Doug for the turkey sandwiches that was fantastic Doug...

Hey Tim, any day fishing is better than a day at the office. We were off and by golly we were going to go fishing . . . somewhere! Even Tanks swimming pool if we had to. The good news was the predicted wind did not materialize!! Would have been a sliding contest if it had come up. Speaking of sliding . . .since the parking lot was iced over and the hill was all iced over, I decided to put on my creepers . . . said something to Timmie about it, but Nooooo. So, 3/4 of the way down I see a Dark Cloud red arse crashing down with a Clam following him. I couldn't tell what was reder, Timmie's face or his suit! Up he sprang like nothing happened though and then on to the ice . . . where the first thing he did was put on his creepers.

Oh another thing . . . I checked out the features and power of the LX5 by shooting through the ice with the slight bit of water on top from the rain. It worked like a champ. I knew the feature existed but normally you have to have black ice . . . yesterday, the signal would even shoot through the white. Even marked fish and weeds, so knew where to drill ahead of time. Try it next time with water on top . . . saves a bunch of time and hole drilling.

Which brings me to the lost Artic Spur or so we thought... While coming off the ice about 3/4's of the way up the hill I announce to Frank., "I lost one of my spurs." Well Frank and I walked back down the hill with flashlight in hand and checked to no avail and while loading the gear up in the van Frank kept looking and about 5 min. later Frank gave up the search and we loaded the van. While taking off the jackets and taking the pacs off to my surprise there was my missing spur slipped up on my pac about 12" up my boot leg, LOL..

Sounds like you had a good day and some laughs all in all. I hope to feel well enough by tomorrow or Thu to get out and fish. I have to go get all my gear from Kelly's so if it's going to all be loaded in my car, I might as well just hit the ice. I haven't gotten anything done here or even the rest of my things since I haven't felt well. Lots of work to be done here but ice time is limited so it gets top priority. Hope to hook up with you guys soon. Being in has me stir crazy.

Fished North Bay yesterday and got into the perch. I ended up with some real nice fish. They were very active, just about every fish that showed on the graph hit. The wind was wicked though, the clam took a beating.

Otis - thats kinda funny, we got a report from further west that the fish were marked but tough going. Tank and Billy are up there today and I just talked to him, neither of them have marked a fish as of 930. Z was there before them and got 5 then nothing. Can you say "the front came through". They have moved east, west, shallow, and deep - and its cold. Thats good old Oneida...

FishK - I see you figured out your "macro" setting on the camera - nice! Now hopefully Timmy is next. whistle.gif

Timmy- Im fishing somewhere! I dont care if its the toilet bowl! Tanks not feeling too well, hopefully he's not getting what Im slowly getting over. We'll keep an eye on the weather and either stay south or hopefully where we talked about the other day...