• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice fishing 2007-2008

Keep up the good work guys and the picture posting. Not much time left in this years ice season so get out as much as you can before its all gone.

Dougy nice fish but was really looking forward to some slobbo perch pics \:\)

4 of us plus 2 locals (our unofficial guides) spent 2 solid days (the last 2 days of their walleye season) on Bay of Quinte walleye fishing. Fishing was slow for everyone (100 plus guys out there each day)we did manage a few nice fish but only snapped a few pictures due to the frigid temps and wanting to release the fish. 15 total walleyes were caught from 18"-30" biggest fish went 10lbs.

Day 1 we started fishing around 6:30am Air temp was a comfy -14F

First fish was caught fairly quickly but darn wasn't a walleye

DSC02886.jpg

First walleye was caught at 10:15am by Mike a real nice 6.5lber

DSC02888.jpg

11:00am came the next Walleye a nice little eater

DSC02891.jpg

We all caught at least one walleye which was a plus my only walleye was 3-3.5lbs but didn't snap a picture because it was extremely cold out when caught and didn't want to chance harming the fish before releasing her back down the hole.

The dink perch (4-9"ers) where active when there were few Walleyes moving around. We caught numerous dinkers on our Walleye spoons and number 2 trebles (stupid fish).

DSC02889.jpg

Day 2: Started fishing around 6:15am Air temp was much warmer 22F

Here I am jigging with the sunrise in the background and yes Tim thats a POS vexilar. I didn't want to chance bringing the Marcum just in case something stupid happened at the border Would hate not having my Marcum, but could easily live without the Vex \:\)

DSC02892.jpg

The 2 locals that we fished with jigging with their short wooden rods rigged with 50lb test at this point it was very windy and the temps were dropping fast. There was also 4-6" of snow on the ice on Day 2 which was the most amount of snow they have received in a long time. We even witnessed a 20 car pile up on the highway Friday night during the snow storm.

DSC02894.jpg

Our last day ended with a nice sunset every though the fish weren't cooperating only 1 walleye was caught during day two's evening bite

DSC02895.jpg

DSC02897.jpg

All in all it was a fun time and I would go back again and try for that monster walleye but would prefer spending a full week to get into some better fishing action as these 2 days were slow all over the bay even for the locals

Got back home on Sunday around 2pm and hit up the ole slaygrounds fished from 4:15 -6pm and ended up with 16 keepers 9-11" and 1 dink

a nice 11" male

DSC02898.jpg

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Dark Cloud
Todd - that jig in pict 1 looks mighty familar. whistle.gif

You think confused.gif\:D\:D\:D

Tim- Unfortunately I can't see your pics at work because the fruckin government has banned us from seeing photos, bassholes...

That was funny about you leaving your baby(LX-5) at home grin.gif

Fishking, first ice is killer up there. This time of year, one or two walleye's a day is common. I've been up there quite a bit, but that was years ago. It's an addicting place, knowing there are monsters swimming under you.

ah the government again. i am an army civilian in the dod, not a contractor. i was at a 2 hour meeting this morning that was about unauthorized use of gov. computers by contractors, as well as feds.. the word is, that the gov. will trace the ip add., and log ons by all. if they find that people are accessing non approved websites, the first offence will be a warning, the 2nd., 5 days off, no 3rd. i have 12 feds, and 24 contractors that work for me. i have never allowed a contractor access to my computers. there was a rumor regarding a contractor who averaged 3 hours a day on the computer doing some kind of business. they have already checked log on times, and have found people accessing websites when they were supposed to be working. i'd be careful if any of you guys work for the gov. as a fed, or as a contractor, and use a gov. computer to access non approved sites. the old days are over. big brother is watching.

Hey DC...that jig was made by someone I know whistle.gif

Nice quality pics there Thunderchum!!!

Well boys, I hit Oneida with a buddy yesterday. Got to the Eye spot before light and we got 0!

We left and proceeded to head out of Chapmans on sled and stopped about 3 miles out in 22FOW and proceeded to pound some JUMBOS. We only got about 70 fish in 3 hours grin.gif

I did manage to get one Eye in our Perch spot...it was ALL of 7 inches \:D

I think the same buddy and I are going to hit Otsego in the AM and then drift over to 'derago for some perch in the late AM to dark. I need help out on 'derago for the Perch...anyone?

See ya!!!!

I don't think I'll be fishing much this weekend, just had my whole toe nail removed. All my years of playing high school and USA / National Volleyball caught up to my big toe nail. Ingrown so bad they had to take the whole nail out.

I'm in for Oneida! Saturday morning is a wash, but I'll be out there Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. I'm thinking west of North Bay Saturday afternoon. I'm not on the computer much on the weekends since I'm on one all week long, I'll try and post what I find up there. Where I go Sunday depends on how I do Saturday.

I've been hearing good things from the Lake Ontario bays also, but that's a heck of a ride for Perch.

Tank and Billy are on C. Slow, only a hand full of fish but thats all they marked. He was thinking of heading shallow. And as some of you know it has to be bad for him to leave the deep water on that lake. Bright sunny skies and a high barometer??? sick.gif