• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice fishing 2007-2008

Thanks for all the reports guys. I haven't had much time to read let alone post so I've just popped in and out. Didn't want to put the gear away but, I didn't get time to fish one last time before it got warm. I'll be more ready than ever next year! I'm getting myself together and checking my gear for open water. Not as experienced there, just a hack but I still enjoy getting out, especially if I get to learn something. Keep in touch guys, life is more normal now.

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: CNY Tim
Well like you guys said it's the end... Tough day on C, 2 perch shallow 3 deep and a wet arse. I was soaked through pretty good. Will get em next year.. This weekend the gear is coming out and the seats are going back in the van.. Open water here we come. Good luck with your trout opener if you can get out ina creek that's not at flood stage...

Whoa there Timmy grin.gif It's not over yet. I think the KING could still be a go for this weekend and it's time to start fishing the big perch and crappie pond now that it's finally "late ice". We've still got a lot of real solid ice as of Sunday. I've got the aluminum loading ramp and hip boots at the ready for Thursday, Saturday and maybe Sunday and then it's the end for me til the stripers start running in late April \:\)

Got out for my 100th day on the ice this season. \:\) Fished C in the shallows from 9:30am-12:30pm My buddy and I got a total of 20 keepers 9-13" I was using a fishfinder and caught 15 of the 20 keepers 7 were over 12" and the biggest 2 were 13" on the money. We also caught around 40-50 under 9"s between the 2 of us.Will give her tomorrow to stiffen back up then will be hitting it hard on Thrusday. Will try and get out on some gillie water tomorrow and see whats crackin.

DSC030022.jpg

Some dandy late ice perch there Mustang Tim aka fishingking grin.gif You're keeping the ice fishing dream alive for us year round working/weekend fishing guys by doing 100 days this season in the Mustang work PFD ;\) I'm going to try washing my Mustang suit this spring and then take it on the boat one day this summer and jump in with it and see how it actually works eek.gif

Originally Posted By: insurance guy
Some dandy late ice perch there Mustang Tim aka fishingking grin.gif You're keeping the ice fishing dream alive for us year round working/weekend fishing guys by doing 100 days this season in the Mustang work PFD ;\) I'm going to try washing my Mustang suit this spring and then take it on the boat one day this summer and jump in with it and see how it actually works eek.gif

When you wash your suit it will float up in the wash machine so you got to stand there and keep pushing it down unless you have one of those fancy front loaders. Remember do it on delicate both for wash and dry. I half dried mine in the dryer then hung it above the forced air heating duct to finish her off.

Former Tipup Timmy I plan on getting out at least one more day before calling her a season. Taking the day off today after going 33 days straight since Feb 28th \:\) Its been a decent season and cant wait for first ice again \:\) Going back to work on Monday \:\( painting houses and then back to DEC on May 15th.

I put on a pair of waders last night...walked my Trap and Gear out to the ice and used my spud bar to push myself up on the ice. Once on the ice it was still a good 10 inches thick. I never thought I would ever be wearing a pair of Neoprene Waders, Ice Fishing. The fishing was nothing to write home about, but my first and last fish of the year was a Callie. I have faced the inevitable and accepted the fact that the 2007-2008 Ice Season is over. I can honestly say I had one of my best seasons to date. Thanks to all of you guys I learned more this year than in previous years. See you all with normal rods soon!!!!!!

Fished C today 8:30-2:30 3 of us fishing got a total of 24 keeper perch 9-12 1/2"ish, a sled full of dinks, a big pickerel, a med pickerel, 2 smallies, a big rockbass, a big bullhead and a big fallfish. wasn't on fire but still not a bad day. Gonna try to hit her hard again tomorrow. Bringing the extension ladder to get on the ice in the AM \:\)

DSC030144.jpg

DSC030111.jpg

DSC030100.jpg

DSC03015-1.jpg

DSC03013.jpg

Fishingking, be careful out there! No safe ice left around here \:\) Yesterday was the last day on the KING for the 07-08 season. Here's a pic I took yesterday afternoon just before we had to get off the ice because the top went fast and we started stepping through in places.

20080403_0001.jpg

Going out at 1pm it wasn't bad but only two hours later it got a little hairy and one guy took a couple big swims crazy.gif

This is what we had to deal with coming back and not what you want to try and cross and the strong offshore wind just opened up the ice on us off the access point making for some tough decisions.

20080403_0005.jpg

One guy tried to jump that rift after falling in a few minutes before and making that big hole you can see out a little ways. I pulled him out with a rope which I always bring or he might have been in big trouble. He lost his bucket but that's no biggie considering the alternatives. I found another way off the ice and got off with only a wet boot \:\) Time to get the boat ready and do some trout fishing now cool.gif

Plans fell through for C this AM we got there and the shoreline had opened up more. Should had brought the 28' ladder as the 20' was about 4' to short I got out 3/4 of the way and the ice started bending at the end of the ladder. We ended up fishing a bluegill hole that has never been a hot producer. Shoreline was perfect (no plank needed) and the ice was still 15" thick with only about 5" of it being soft. we caught a few fish but nothing great 1 9" pumpkinseed, 2 9" bluegills, 3 8" gills, a handful of smaller gills and perch and 1 small pickerel. Come spring the bluegill fishing here is insane but I still cant figure out how to ice numbers of them at this place. Sorry no pictures as it was pretty nasty out there with the rain.

Insurance - looks like you stretched it one day too far, lucky you didnt get real wet.

As it looks like everyone is done for the year except maybe FishK for another day or two - remember when storing your rods and reels for the offseason to turn back the drags and store the rods without a bend in them or it will be permanent...

Darn . . .one weekend too late! Made an appointment with my boat place to get the big engine checked out as 3 of the plugs looked a little too crusty for my taste when I winterized her and also need some new circuit breakers for the 24/36v trolling motor wiring. Thunder, I owe you a ride!! Steve still would like info/specs on your Skeeter.

got out one more time around home here ice was completely shot and unsafe (6-8" of honeycombed with 6-8" of gradual on top)but we ventured out anyways lol and fished for about 30 mins in 6 fow got one 8" perch and my buddy got a small snake (pickerel) wished the ice was a little bit safer so we could have gotten out to the bluegill grounds oh well gonna have to wait another 8 months until fist ice \:\(

The Sox won cry

NeedMoreSpikes, Get off Timmy's back...you have no right to ask questions like that to my NAIFC partner?

CNY Tim is the"Real Deal Family" on FM...what he says goes...period cool

Hey Timbo...the St. Louis Giant is hitting the snot out of the ball laughcrazycrazywhistlewhistlewhistle

We will see you again, like we did in 2004 shocked

Wayne is comfortably residing in Florida. My brother-in-law is down there as well and does alot of fishing.

The Red Sox will get in as a wild card which isn't a bad thing in 2006 the Cards won the whole enchilada as a wild card team.

Two teams scare me in the post season on the NL side the Phillies and the Rockies, both teams have handled us through out the season and we have manhandled the Dodgers. Should be interesting as we get down to the nitty gritty. What I am concerned about is leaving 11 men on base last night, granted we got the win 3-2 but we should have blown it open on a couple of occasions.

As long as we finish above the Cubs life is good. Cards were predicted to finish 3rd in the division this year behind the Cubs and Brewers. I guess that's why they play the game.

Starting pitching has been the key... Carpenter, Wainright, Smoltz, Piniero and Lohse when he gets back off the DL.

Holliday and your boy Julio Lugo were great pick-ups.

Anything can happen and there still is a month left and with a 9 game lead in the division, life is good.

AW... Who care's if the Sox won??? seriously.... that stuff is just uncalled for on here!! smile you just bring down the whole site with gibberish like that!! you scare people away!!

and there will be no "2004".... so just give that notion up right now!!

and of course that "Giant" is hitting the ball... he looks like Barry or lil papi a little now don't he..... someone's gotta test him....

AW... Who care's if the Sox won??? seriously.... that stuff is just uncalled for on here!! smile you just bring down the whole site with gibberish like that!! you scare people away!!

and there will be no "2004".... so just give that notion up right now!!

and of course that "Giant" is hitting the ball... he looks like Barry or lil papi a little now don't he..... someone's gotta test him....

Hey SalmonToucher...did you forget about 2007...my bad, the Yankpuds didn't even make the Playoffs last year!!!

Timmy...if I remember correctly in 2004...the Cards Got the BROOM put to them by the NATION!!!!!!

Hey Jimmy...I hope you don't see a single deer this coming season!!!!