• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice fishing 2007-2008

I figured I would start this seeing I am all jacked up and ready to fish wink.gif.Its that time of the year and hope every one stays safe while venturing out on the ice, we all know that its going to be first ice soon I just want all my friends to BE SAFE AND HAPPY FISHING. TODD

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all ended up leaving early around 2pm due to the incoming ice storm. A nice mixed bag was caught of of Craps, gills, pew pumpkins, few perch, Todd had the hot Slimdart hole with 2 (15-18"ish) and Ray caught a bass around 1lb.

Good fishing with you guys. see ya on the ice next time around.

posted on IS

Main lake is now iced over. I walked out on the backsets and jiged around for about an hour this evening.Not a bite Someone was out there today as I came across an area with a few holes and heavily beaten paths going to them. The ice everywhere I check was 2 1/2 to 3inches. Heres the bad part, there is MAYBE an inch of black ice and the rest is white. The lake must have started locking up during the snowfall. There is snow on the ice right now but it is very minimal at about 1/2 inch and its wet snow.

Thunderman , Me and bud Made it out sunday had 2.5 inches of good black ice caught 20 - 25 crappies all betweeen 8-11 inches and a hand full of small pearch threw them all back . Plan on making a trip up to the good crappie spot this weekend most likely sunday should be plenty of ice by then . you and timmy will have to make plans to come out when he gets back . forgot the camara in the truck will get pics this weekend and post them then . goog luck fishing

Good job guys sounds like you had a good time Tim called last night and said they were about 30 miles from teledo Ohio.He said they had another 11 or 12 hrs left I haven't heard from him yet tonight.I can't wait to catch some Calicos cool.gif tell Bud I said HI and will be looking foward to seeing you guys be safe and don't make the crappies mouths too sore wink.gif.

Hey you guys don't go crazy drilling holes just yet or you'll end up with more holes than ice . . .I remember Bud going nuts last year. I bet that one tree is producing right now!! Ought to be a much easier walk down and back! Good luck.

Dont worry we only drilled about 45 holes we didnt make it up to that spot yet i am sure the ice will be ready this weekend and that tree will be the hot spot only pulled 50 out of there in a hour last year when your ready to cut some holes in the ice come on out theres plenty of room and some nice fish up there I got a coulpe of new places we can try had good luck in the summer just let me know ..

Quote:

Dont worry we only drilled about 45 holes we didnt make it up to that spot yet i am sure the ice will be ready this weekend and that tree will be the hot spot only pulled 50 out of there in a hour last year when your ready to cut some holes in the ice come on out theres plenty of room and some nice fish up there I got a coulpe of new places we can try had good luck in the summer just let me know ..

Tyler, Let me know if you guys want to try jigging for some lake trout at some of my spots this winter up at Lake George or meet up over at the reservoir for some walleye fishing when it opens after the 1st. The laker thing is a lot of fun with the Marcums and Vexes and they fight like a freight train grin.gif

Dark Cloud I can't see your pics from work again but congrats on getting out there and catching what sounds like a bunch of fish. I'm busy remodeling my kitchen before Christmas comes on the weekends right now and probably won't be able to fish for a while crazy.gif

Quote:

Jay nice crappies it felt real good to stand on the hard stuff didn't it.Hopefully this rain won't screw things up
mad.gif
I would like to get back out this weekend Every body stay safe out there.

Todd I didn't realize you were out this way on Sunday fishing with Steve. I talked to Robb the other day but I couldn't make it out this past weekend anyway. It sounds like you guys caught some fish cool.gif

John,We will hook up some time might be making a trip back out that way this weekend maybe saturday.Sunday we are suppose to get a storm and I hope they are wrong about that.I know you are remoding your kitchen that is always a fun job Rob has my cell# have him give it to you give me a call sometime we will do some fishing cool.gif.

BigjohnneyIce, I just got off the phone with Timmy he wants to thank you for the peanut butter tet-r's they are working well for the crappies with motar oil maki plastics wink.gif.

His report is the crappies are biteing good the sizes are between 6 and 8 inches no big ones .He said him and kyle put the camera down every where NO WEEDS what so ever, they haven't caught any bluegills either he wanted to tell everyone him and kyle said HI and they are doing their best for the NY crew.

ThunderMan, sounds like the guy that gave them that camera is a swell guy!!! grin.gif.... let me know when or if your goin out and need some one to watch the Ice, I'm itching to get out!

Bigjohnny, any word on Ice at silver?? Gonna be there over x-mas and wondering if i should take the stuff with me??

Thunder - Yep it felt good to stand on ice. Those first few steps are always wierd. We got a bunch of rain down here, was planning on going this afternoon, waiting for a report, might have to wait for it to lock back up tomorrow...

Insurance - Yeah it was constant fish for 3 hours, they ate anything but definatly prefered brighter colors.

Those lakers sound like a hoot. Its a solid trip for us but iv'e often intertained the thought...

John that would be great me and bud have always wanted to fish lake George for lakers but the lake is so big I would have no idea where to start . You will have to give me some ideas on what tackle , spoons or jigs I should pick up so I can be prepared . The resivor is a great spot have had good luck up there last year buds got the touch there he seams to limite out every time out . and its close to my house short trip . but when your ready to fish just let me know I will give you my email and cell we can make plans down the road cant wait [email protected] or my cell 260-0969 get your projects done and lets fish

Quote:

John that would be great me and bud have always wanted to fish lake George for lakers but the lake is so big I would have no idea where to start . You will have to give me some ideas on what tackle , spoons or jigs I should pick up so I can be prepared . The resivor is a great spot have had good luck up there last year buds got the touch there he seams to limite out every time out . and its close to my house short trip . but when your ready to fish just let me know I will give you my email and cell we can make plans down the road cant wait
or my cell 260-0969 get your projects done and lets fish

Sounds good Tyler, I got you covered on terminal tackle but you probably have what you need already. It's simply just spoons tipped with half a shiner and sometimes small bucktail jigs or tube jigs. Medium or medium light action jig rods and 6lb line and you need a flasher which you already have! I've got a quad with trailer and a snowmobile to get folks out there and a long list of spots to fish. I'll write down you email and cell and we'll go from there. Lake George usually isn't frozen til January at best and sometimes February!!

Quote:

Those lakers sound like a hoot. Its a solid trip for us but iv'e often intertained the thought...

You and dad have an invite anytime you'd like for a laker jigging trip. Otsego is a good bet but Lake George is better for numbers. I like them because they bite off and on throughout the day and they're very aggressive fish in cold water and offer a nice change of pace from panfish or walleye jigging which is usually just limited to first and last light on the ice. Good luck if you go out today!

Quote:

ThunderMan, sounds like the guy that gave them that camera is a swell guy!!!
grin.gif
.... let me know when or if your goin out and need some one to watch the Ice, I'm itching to get out!

Bigjohnny, any word on Ice at silver?? Gonna be there over x-mas and wondering if i should take the stuff with me??

Jimmy I don't know when Im going out again hopefully this week end.It all depends on what the Rain did to the ICE I can't find your cell# give timmy a shout he will give you mine.