• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lets talk Cornhuskers!!!

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I scored some tickets to a game! Man am I PUMPED!!!!!!!! Even though it is a non-con game and we should tear em' up, I am still PUMPED!!!!!!!!!

Come on Sept 12th!!

Lucky dog! My first game was vs Arizona State in '95. First play from the line of scrimmage, Clinton Childs took it up the middle, 80 yards, touchdown. And that was pretty much how it was all year...

I'm pretty pumped, too. September 5th, I'll be at Joe Senser's in Bloomington, with all the other red clad fans. I can not wait... Minnesotans, if you want to see a Husker game and can't make it to Lincoln, head to Senser's. It is awesome. I'll see you there - I'll be the guy with the red hat.

My wife just sent me a email and she got club seats to the NU vs OU game from work!!!!! Sweet! Got it from a very good source that it was the hippy lettuce that got him in trouble and this was not his first offense. Oh well, its not like we don't have a bunch waiting in the wings. Burkhead is a stud and will do well. Castille had the fumble problem anyway which always made me sit at the edge of my chair when he had the ball. The waiting is killing me!!!!!!! GO BIG RED!

Got it from a very good source that it was the hippy lettuce that got him in trouble and this was not his first offense.

Same word I got! From what I am hearing out of Lincoln, we won't even really know that he's gone! Got some young studs that are ready to fill in! Guess that Birkhead kid is the stuff! Hopefully, he'll stay off the hippy lettuce and stick to the hippy beans! whistle Then come Saturday, he'll have some gas behind them WHEELS!!!! wink

My initial reactions to last night's game:

1- Lee looked fine. Green looked fine. We'll be okay.

2- Helu is the man, but he won't have to handle it by himself.

3- Secondary is much improved. Same with the LBs. Whew.

4- With all the freshmen in the game, the next few years are looking pretty good.

Also, VaTech and OU look a little more beatable this morning... but Mizzou looks a lot tougher than they did a week ago.

But it's just week 1, against a cupcake opponent. We should see some improvement by next game, and then comes a true test.

Go Big Red!

I hate and love the first of the season, teams play the weaker team and only get to the test mid to later in the season. Would be nice to mix it up a bit, like play NE and Mizz then NE against Bubba Joe's University. Lets do away with the BCS and yes i know that Knowledge should start with an N.

I usually have several buddies who have tickets available so not very hard to get. You can find them for every game around the stadium and wandering around the tailgates, pretty easy and better than getting them on e88y. Also go to crg list, and go to lincoln, ne then tickets - tons of them on there as well. Lots of tickets for tomorrows game out there, tunred down 3 pair already.

Tickets are pretty easy to come by when you want to go the non-con games. Once the Big 12 games start up, I have found it harder to find tickets unless your willing to pay MORE than face value!

Can't wait, train leaves from Kearney to Lincoln at 8am sharp in the morning! If you watch the PPV, I'll be the little guy wearing red up in the NOSE BLEED section! laugh

GO HUSKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear ya, if the auction and classified sites don't help, let me know the game you are looking at and I can do some searching for ya. But i wouldn't worry about getting down here without being able to get in, tickets have been pretty easy to come by last year and this year at a fair price. Walked up to our tailgate last weekend and a buddy of mine ate 2 tickets in the lower level because he couldn't get rid of them. Your seeing more of that since so many of these tailgates now have 50" TV's with dish, RV's with bathrooms, beer, food, etc, the younger fans aren't as emotionally involved as us Older folks (ha im 39).

crgs list would be one to start with also the lincoln journal stars HSOforum under the classified section. e b a y had quite a few this week for pretty cheap. I was at the game and saw tickets going anywhere from $20 - $50 a pair and that was probably 20+ different people. Was a good game and Lee looked very good, we need our recievers to be a little more hands on, still dropped some balls. It was a good week in the big 12 North, KSU and CU both lost! smile

Was a good game and Lee looked very good, we need our recievers to be a little more hands on, still dropped some balls. It was a good week in the big 12 North, KSU and CU both lost! smile

I usually want all the Big 12 teams to win when they're not playing NU, but seeing the score from the CU game made me smile. Well, maybe it was a smirk... KSU, Okie Lite, Iowa St and CU lost, Mizzou struggled with Bowling Green, and Texas took a while to get going. The Big 12 isn't looking quite as dominant after week 2. Not necessarily a good thing.

Zac Lee had a great game. I think that the receivers will get better as we go along, but they've lived up to my expectations so far. Lots of guys got touches on Saturday, which is good. But it's going to take a little more to beat VTech. I'm hopeful, but I'm not betting on the game.

crgs list would be one to start with also the lincoln journal stars HSOforum under the classified section. e b a y had quite a few this week for pretty cheap. I was at the game and saw tickets going anywhere from $20 - $50 a pair and that was probably 20+ different people. Was a good game and Lee looked very good, we need our recievers to be a little more hands on, still dropped some balls. It was a good week in the big 12 North, KSU and CU both lost! smile

We seen @ least 20-30 people selling tickets on our walk to the stadium yesterday. Not sure of the asking price but they were available all over the place!

The game was decent but the huskers need to get their ducks in a row before next week @ VT! LOTS of stupid penalities and lots of dropped balls that were right on the money! Running game didn't look all that good! O-Line needs to keep holes open a little longer to get the RB's in the holes. Lee looked great!!! And the Defense, guess there is only 1 word to describe the blackshirts.......SUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

NU 24 - VT 17 we should have beat them last year, we'll take care of business this year at their place. Gonna miss the first half though, daughter is in a parade at the applejack festival in Nebr City. Why oh why during one of the biggest games of the year.

I'm amped for this. It should be a close, exciting game, but I have a feeling that it could easily get lopsided one way or the other. I've had my heart broken too many times in the last five years to say that it'll be a Big Red blowout... but I think the Huskers win this one. 24-17 sounds just about right.

dude, your telling me, not only did they lose, but when VT scored, i was at buffalo wild wings, and i slammed my beer down on the table and broke it, and had beer all over, and the best part was, i didnt even care!

Sucks, becuase it would have showed they were back in action. THey had there chances, just came up short