• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lets talk Cornhuskers!!!

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like we get our first big test this week! Should be fun to watch!!

Yeah, no kidding. The tests don't get much bigger than that, playing in that stadium against a great QB. After it is over, the nation will know if the 'Skers are ready to make their comeback to the glory days.

Wow. It looks like the Big Red has something special this year. I just hope it holds up in conference play. There are still some things that need to be addressed, but they are fixable, and the Pelini Bros. will have them fixed.

The o line looked great, the secondary (aside from one blown coverage) looked great, the running game is back on track... Things are looking up. And to think: Martinez is only a freshman. This could be fun.

All I can say about Nebraska fans is that they have to be the nicest fans to the visiting fans that I have ever seen in my life. We were all decked out in our SDSU colors, and not once did we hear a bad comment, but did hear a thousand good comments both before and after the game. Thanks for a great weekend down in Lincoln.

That's affirmative. Class act all the way. You may run into some local issues if you hit the pub spots, but even that is few and far between. Thanks for the post. The 'Skers are looking pretty good for bowl season already. Your team certainly has nothing to be ashamed of, that is a fact.

Is everyone quiet on this topic so as to prevent a jinx to their season? grin

What is everyone's feelings on the game vs Tex? All I got to say is the 'Skers better not take a 2 game skid lightly. The 'Horns have some serious team speed. Sorry if I jinxed it laugh

No, no... that's fine. You jinx it if you predict a four touchdown win. As long as the Huskers play the way they have been playing, they should be okay. But I hear you about the two-game skid. Texas is coming in like a wounded animal for this one. They have absolutely nothing to lose here, and the luck seems to go their way far too often. So I don't really know what to think about it.

What are my feelings on the game? I'm going to give the Nebraskan answer to this:

It oughtta be a good game.

Is it just me, or did the officials do a horrible job at officiating the game today? It seemed like every call that they made was for Texas/against Nebraska. It didn't matter how bad or horrible the call was, they still made it. And the whole replay thing, let's not even talk about that.

Yes, the officiating was poor. But that's not why Nebraska lost.

If Niles Paul could catch a ball, the score would look different. If Kinnie hadn't dropped it, if Burkhead had made the grab at the goal line... Seriously - how many balls did Paul drop? I can forgive a drop or two in a game, but man, when you're a receiver, your catches have to outnumber your drops. The Huskers beat themselves yesterday.

I'm not saying that's why they lost. They obviously lost the game themselves, Texas didn't beat them. I was just saying that it's hard enough to beat 11 guys on the other team, better yet having what seemed like the refs on their side also. Seemed a little strange that the only calls were going against Nebraska.

Yeah, I saw the same. And there were a few questionable injuries that happened just as NU was getting a little momentum. I mean, I hate to even bring that up, but it sure seemed like a few guys were taking a dive to slow things down.

Even with all of that, if the Huskers had played like they are capable of playing, none of that would have mattered. As a Husker fan, I'm used to this sort of thing. I remember the end of the Orange Bowl against FSU at the end of the '93 season. Poor officiating and bad luck often team up when the Huskers have a big game.

Moving on... NU goes to Stillwater this weekend, and I'm guessing they are an angry, motivated team. Then Mizzou at home the following week. Think they can take W's from both of those games?

I think they can take wins in both of the games. They need to start doing more with the passing game, whether they need it in the games or not. Look what happened on Saturday. If the guys aren't used to catching the ball during a game, guess what. It's going to be tougher when you have to.

I think their big problem right now is that they don't have a pass rush. Yeah they give up yards against the run, but they stiffen when they have to. They need to find some way to get a pass rush going. If they would have had a pass rush on Saturday, it would have gone a long ways to helping them out.

They need to play without any mistakes in the next 2 weeks. They've got 2 very good offenses and Missouri's defense is proving to be very good so far. They need to play with a chip on their shoulder(and their other shoulder) for the rest of the season and really start to dismantle teams that they play.

Totally agree about the pass rush. It's really tough to watch, after seeing Suh in the backfield so often last year. You get a good pass rush together, and you get a QB rattled early on in a game, and things get a bit easier for a defense.

I hope to see more passing too, as weird as it is to say that. Especially the short passes to the TE's and the running backs. NU has some good tight ends, and I'd love to see them get some touches. If you can get those big plays, that's great. But you need to be able to play some meat and potatoes football, too.

I'm a little uneasy about this game. At least it's on the road, and Bo gets his team up for the road games.

As far as Texas goes, we lost, it sucks, but they did not beat us........we beat ourselves. We lost the game by 7pts and had 4 touchdown passes dropped with 28 missed tackles. Catch and Tackle......pretty basic in the game of football.

Anyway, Huskers BIG today. I miss the simple screen pass. Where has it gone?