• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lets talk Cornhuskers!!!

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need a good strong showing with a win tonight. That would put NU in a good position starting next season with another national tv exposure for recruiting. Need to show something on offense tonight. Regardless, I hope it is a win.

That was a dominant performance. The D played like the Blackshirts of old, and the offense actually scored some points. I'm excited for next year. The schedule is definitely favorable for a title run, and the talent is there on both sides of the ball. The offense will still need to work out some kinks, and there will still be a QB battle in the offseason, but I think great things are in store for this team.

Bass N Spear - you can watch the replay of the game on espn 360. It's free. I'm planning on doing that today.

It's good to see so many Nebraskan kids on that list. Most of the walk-ons, and a few of the scholarship guys.

The way it looks right now, I expect the secondary to be among the best in the country for a few years to come. The offense is really young... Correct me if I'm wrong, but NU won't be losing many guys on offense next year. Now, if the O-Line could just blow open some holes like they used to, we'd be all set.

I have some pretty high expectations for 2010.

They got some good OL and DL prospects so that should help. I see Green not Lee being the starter next year as he brings more to the table, we'll see at the spring game. If not you have Carnes nipping at their heels. We do not lose much on the offensive side of the ball, but we need the recievers to step up this year and CATCH balls thrown to them and get seperation. Battle for running back should be fun to watch and we still have our Kicker next year, best offensive palyer on the team. Looking forward to this fall!!!! GBR!

Green is a great athlete and definitely brings some escapability to the table. If he can get a even a little accuracy on his throws...I agree with you NEANGLER...Cody will beat Zac out.

Some of the "projected" pre-season polls have our Huskers in or very close to the top 10!

Yeeeeeehaaaawwww!!!! GBR!!!

If you look at their schedule for the upcoming season, who their tough games are against, at Washington and home against Texas. They have a real good shot at running the table, but it does depend all on if the O-line can stay healthy. Doesn't matter who you have a quarterback if you can't keep him upright. I'm waiting to see what Taylor Martinez is capable of, as well as Kody Spano at quarterback. Should be an interesting race for that spot come spring with 4 challenging for it, not just 2. Since they're now developing depth at many spots, I would redshirt Carnes at QB and Heard at RB. Let him put some weight on and bring Carnes along slow. It can only benefit you in the long run. The secondary should be awesome, but the spot that's going to get 'em on defense is going to be linebacker. Who has experience at the position?

I agree proV just wish we could erase the Callahan years from memory. The quality of the kids recruited has gotten better and more of a hard nose, giving it your all type of player is back. It helps when your coaching staff is the same way, the kids would run through a brick wall for him. Now if we could just get the mens BB team on the right track!

Now if we could just get the mens BB team on the right track!

It is pretty amazing when you think about it. Nebraska is generally only known for its football, but the wrestling, baseball, volleyball, gymnastics...and I think bowling are all dynasties within the NCAA. I am probably forgetting some of their successful sports programs. Unfortunately, the basketball program has never, and I repeat, never been worthwhile. Nebraska high schools repeatedly kick out some amazing basketball players every year, but they must not even consider going there. I guess if it were me, I would rather play at Kansas, Oklahoma, North Carolina, etc, but considering how well Nebraska athletes are treated within the university, you couldn't go wrong.

Yeah the good ones tend to go out of state, had one last year go to Texas. But the girls BB team is making up for the mens, they are ranked 3rd in the nation and undefeated - I think they could beat the men! Most people do not realize that our athletic program is very well rounded from top to bottom and not just football.