• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lets talk Cornhuskers!!!

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that. I just had to shake my head. I mean, c'mon. It's not easy to get away with stuff when everybody's watching you.

I have heard that they are installing a "check-with-me" defense, which may be the answer to the no-huddle offense. We'll see.

I hear Kody Spano tore his ACL. That ain't good.

The good news, as I see it, is that Zac Lee knows the system. Helu and Castille are still in the backfield. Suh is still there, and the defense has had more time to gel with the new coaches and scheme. They will get it together, and I'm pretty much expecting that the Huskers will win the Big 12 North. Mizzou will probably have a down year, and Kansas lost some key guys. K-State has a new old coach, Iowa State is Iowa State, and Colorado just sucks.

Big Red will face three teams from the South: Texas Tech, Baylor, and Oklahoma. Tech doesn't have the superstar QB anymore, and may have a down year. Baylor could be a scary game, but probably a win (I mean, c'mon. It's Baylor). Oklahoma is in Lincoln this year. That should be a much better game than last year.

I can't wait until September.

Needless to say, the Big 12 is going to be nasty once again. At least the Skers should have a great year. The Callahan days will soon be forgotten. Oklahoma and Texas...wow. What a game that will be. When is the first college game? Man, I can't wait. My life will have meaning again. Better stock the beer fridge.

I think we have a better chance against VT than the EXPERTS are giving us. Should have beat them last year. The team that scares me is Baylor, that QB ate our lunch last year. That and I hope we beat Blaine Gabbert of MU to a pulp! GO BIG RED!!!!!!

I think Zac Lee will do just fine, and the offense will get rolling again. It might take a couple games to get in the groove, but they'll be okay.

I want to see more takeaways. It's been lacking. And I want to see some quarterbacks having trouble picking themselves up off the turf in the 4th quarter.

I just wish I knew what goes through some of these kids minds! YOU have the CHANCE of a LIFETIME and you SCREW it up!!!

Back when I was in college playing ball, all I could think about was SOMEDAY playing on sunday! Whatever this kid did, just cost him MILLIONS down the road! SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! frown

That sucks. He was a good back, and I was really looking forward to seeing the Helu / Castille backfield. But, I gotta hand it to Bo. He laid down the law. You screw up, you're off the team. Nebraska's had enough bad press involving running backs in the past.

If Johnny Rogers had Bo for a coach, he would never have won the heisman. That's not a rip on Bo, I have no problem with sticking to his guns and dismissing the player. I think in this era you have to. But JR robbed a gas station and would have been cut before he had a chance to shine.

Rumors abound, but all that has been said officially is that he violated team policy. Bo kicked him off the team.

Analyzer, you're right about that. He was one example I was thinking about. The other, obviously, was Lawrence Phillips. They were big-time players, and had some big off the field issues. I think Bo did the right thing, and would not have faulted Devaney or Osborne for kicking Rodgers or Phillips off the team either. It hurts, but the line has been drawn, and Bo had to do it. I respect the choice.

It could be a blessing in disguise. This Burkhead kid looks pretty stellar... we'll see if he can produce at the college level. NU's always been known for good I-backs, and I expect that will continue.

The story back in the day was that JR robbed a gas station on Tuesday and played on Saturday. Just the way things were back "in the day". Do that now? NCAA death penalty at least.

Speaking of backs gone awry, anyone remember Scott Baldwin? That guy had a future but a well placed bullet or two in the spine ended that. Apparently he went off the deep end of the deep end.

Nebraska is no different than the "other" schools that have had their problems. Walleye4 put it best when he said all that opportunity in front of them and it's wasted.

You have to respect a program that doesn't whitewash mistakes. Protect the school, protect the team.

Man am I jacked for the season to start. Did I say that already? grin