• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lets talk Cornhuskers!!!

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe the so called fans already calling for Bo and Wats' heads already. It has been a season and a half. Bo's "players" are Freshman and Red Shirt Freshman.

Maybe Farve, Childress and Taylor should be run out of Minnesota for turning the ball over twice in the red zone yesterday?

I do have to say that I do not feel Lee, although he did not have a bad game, is in command of this offensive squad. I think you have to give Cody G a shot. Probably some Freshman mistakes but maybe a huge spark and a great running threat.

Losing to Iowa State is sorta like letting a 5th grader beat you at arm wrestling. It's embarrassing.

I'm not too impressed with Lee. I wouldn't mind seeing Cody take it over soon. Like, maybe second half vs. Baylor, if Lee's not having a good game. Remember in '92 when a talented freshman quarterback named Tommie took over for Mike Grant? And didn't NU lose to Iowa State that year, too? It's an interesting parallel.

The fans are getting restless, and they need to settle down a bit. I still think Bo is the guy... I mean, if we gave BC 4 years, we need to do the same for Bo and his recruits. You can't expect freshmen to take over the Big 12 right away, under a 2nd year coach.

Holy smokes, what a game last night!

It was about what I expected - a low-scoring defensive slugfest. I love games like that, although I would have liked to see more scoring by the Big Red. But any win against OU is a good win.

At one point in the 4th quarter, the Huskers lined up in the Power I, with a fullback and everything, and I got a warm fuzzy feeling. Maybe it was the booze. But it was pretty cool.

O'Hanlon had 12 tackles and three picks last night... That's awesome, especially for a walk-on.

Go Big Red! The north is there for the taking.

I agree, i was able to watch thru espn. the game was much better than last week against baylor. That was simply a sloppy and poor played second half. This week looked like they wanted to be there, however the number of penalties is just too many. O'hanlon and Crick played outstanding game. As you put it now it is up to taking the north.

We'll know more after Friday, I think. Rivalry or not, it always feels good to beat Colorado. I'm hoping for a blowout.

I think NU has a better chance in the Big 12 Championship than most seem to think. Anything is possible this season. But we'll see... I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

Not to be "that guy", but I hope they don't look past Colorado, regardless of their record. Nebraska has a history of getting blown out by them. If they can make a statement against the Buffs, then maybe they have a chance competing with the 'Horns.

I do not think it is like Bo & Co. to look past any team. However, that does not mean there won't be some sort of letdown by the players. I think first half will be close, maybe even behind but in the end I pick NU 27 CO 10. Go Huskers!

The Buffs always get up for this game, and they'd like nothing more than to beat the Huskers in their last game of the season. I think anyone who was on the team last season knows how close it was. The Huskers will show up.

Go Big Red!

I think the Heisman hopes are out the window. I would be surprised if that were in the cards yet for him.

Regardless of the outcome of last night's game, you have to be proud of the 'Skers for hanging tough. My only armchair qb thought for the day is that it seemed liked they were playing too conservatively, especially in the red zone.

Not scoring in the red zone has been their problem all season. If they could scored against V. Tech and Iowa St., they would have 1 loss this season. I wonder if Bo knowing that his defense is so strong has anything to do with the conservativeness that Watson has to call the offense.

They don't have the world's greatest offense, but they seemed to have the gift last night...but just didn't use it. I would have liked to seen them throw a few more in the end zone on first or second down. Of course, today, they are probably thinking the same thing.

That game left me feeling empty inside. The best defensive performance I've seen from the Huskers since the '96 Fiesta Bowl, and it ends like that. Could we please have some offense? Please? We don't need much, just, you know, a touchdown would be nice.

Although it won't be a walk in the park, the Big Red will win their bowl game. Interesting that it's the Pelini brothers vs the Stoops brothers.

And what about big Suh getting the invite to New York? That's huge! The one positive that came from Saturday's game is that Suh made sure that McCoy likely won't win the Heisman.